cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Treykelly84
Journeyman III

Adrenaline 24.1.1 causes Windows 11 to crash

everytime i update adrenaline 24.1.1 and drivers for my rx5500 graphics card on next windows boot i essentially just have a locked home screen that will not respond to anything when i try to click to open something cant even ctrl+alt+del to open task manager Screenshot 2024-01-27 115924.pngScreenshot 2024-01-27 120039.png

17 Replies
basedthug
Journeyman III

i have the exact same issue. when i boot in safe mode and remove adrenaline software and restart my pc, everything works again. 

Rohan_903
Journeyman III

Bro did you found any solution.

Same issue I am facing from 01st Feb 2024.

I tried everything even fresh win 11 install. Still when I install and adrenaline display stops working and when I uninstall it from safe mode it starts working.. I have lost my full day behind this but no solution.

Is my graphics card dead?

0 Likes

no i have the same issue ive read older versions can work but have found no luck yet. this happened to me as soon as 24.1.1 installed so i assume a file within the install has essentially bricked explorer.exe and im waiting for updates as well the card has been tested on other rigs and is good so i know it to be a driver issue i assume Walmart bought omen gaming pcs lol 

0 Likes
bael90901
Journeyman III

literally I have the same issue with the same graphics card and processor any fix yet?

0 Likes

use old driver 23.12.1. 

0 Likes
Luisalexandrepc
Journeyman III

Hi man. I have the exact same problem but I have a RX6600 and a Ryzen 5 4600g.
The moment I install the 24.1.1 version, my pc can't do anything after the 1st restar. I'm gonna try an older version to see if it helps.

0 Likes

It does not work because I can't download the 23.1 version. I tried intalling only the 24.1.1 driver and it doesn't work either.

0 Likes

Uptade:
23.12.1 and 23.11.1 causes the same problem
The 23.08.1 version is the only one working and I'm gonna check the patch notes of the versions between 23.8.1 and 23.11.1 to check if I can find anything related to this.
One thing to note is that my gpu is pci-e 5.0 and my motherboard is pci-e 4.0, but this should not be one of the causes of this problem.

0 Likes
radu1006
Adept III

I have a windows 10 freeze issue with this driver that is somehow similar on my 7900xt. To solve it, I reverted to the 23.12.1 driver. You can download it by clicking on "old versions" link from their download page. It is a rather small link somewhere at bottom of the page.

0 Likes
ShelbysGoat
Adept I

Same issue here with RX-6600 and Ryzen 7 5700G, as in this post: Re: AMD SOFTWARE DOES NOT ALLOW APPLICATIONS TO ST... - AMD Community had to revert to Adrenalin 23.12.1 to fix the freeze problem.

0 Likes
Croglawd94
Journeyman III

Does anyone else crash and cause kernel power error 41? I keep getting that every few days when I go to start warzone or leave it whole computer locks and I need to manually turn off my pc and start it again to work, I've also tried reverting back to driver 23.12.1 and still it crashes but not as much 

0 Likes
ikefc
Adept I

Another similar case, the full o.s failing over and over after a software update, this is pathetic! 

0 Likes

It's the worst one I've ever seen I've had 3 and GPUs but never had a driver this bad it's actually frustrating my whole pc locks all because of software I also have another issue where it takes my pc a few attempts to boot from a cold boot I keep getting vga led and a blank screen I just st hope it's a separate issue 

0 Likes
Filluzzzzz
Journeyman III

good afternoon, me and my friends had the same problem with win 11 and the last update of amd adrenalin edition (no matters what graphics card do you have), if you remove from the control panel the pc works fine, but if you reinstall the software, aftwer 4/5 days windows crash another time. apparently there is no fix for this problem (same issue coming on april 2023 with adrenalin edition, but they fix that after 1 month). only you can do for this specific problem is doing this process everytime windows crash or just waiting for the next update (coming in mid april). i hope i helped you with this answer

0 Likes
crystalyser
Adept III

with 24.3.1 all my problems are gone!

Ryzen7 5800X 4,95ghz; LLC3; 420mm Liquid Freezer2; Corsair RGB Pro SL 32gb/2 - 3600mhz CL18; Sapphire RX6800 Pulse OC; Asus XG27AQ 165Hz; MSI X570 Gaming Plus PPT:137W EDC:135A TDC:95A; BeQuiet! PP 730W
0 Likes
CapticeTrice
Adept I

Just had this same issue with version 24.3.1
I used DDU to clean Adrenaline from pc in safemode and restarted, downloaded the latest version of adrenaline and then restarted.
After logging into windows, I was met with black screen.
Had to open task manager with alt+ctrl+del and then click Run New Task and type in explorer.exe and pressed enter to get my windows back.
Haven't tried to restart and see if it happens all the time but this is my way around this issue.
UPDATE
Explorer.exe launched normally after restart without needing to manually force it to start.

0 Likes