cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Cel
Journeyman III

Adrenaline 23.12.1 interferes with VLC player and media player

I didn’t have any issues before updating adrenaline to recent version yesterday but now whenever adrenaline is opened - VLC seems to takes much longer to open, on top of completely halting anything else that might be going on.

If you simply open vlc window on boot - it works fine, but if you close it and try playing any videos, then close the window and try opening it again - it takes forever and windows become unresponsive, to the point where even ctrl+alt+del stalls until vlc opens. Folders or programs wont open or close, right mouse menu shows “loading” on adrenaline/console entries, clicking on sounds or notifications also doesn’t do anything until vlc opens.

I have tried various settings in vlc (output devices, hardware acceleration etc) and in adrenaline (desktop recording, tuning etc) but only physically closing adrenaline from task manager fixes the issue, until adrenaline auto-restarts.

Just noticed it also does the same thing for media player legacy (but not the newer one).

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Also made videos of the issue with adrenaline opened and without it.

0 Likes
4 Replies
rafaelsen
Adept II

Hello.

I have the same problem.

I just started to build my new PC when exact the same issue occured.

VLC and Office.

Do you have any solution?

Just to update - managed to fix this by using AMD cleanup tool, then installing beta drivers from here:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-23-30-afmf-tech-preview

0 Likes
Cel
Journeyman III

False alarm - issue returned.

0 Likes
Cel
Journeyman III

Not yet. So far, I have simply disabled AMD adrenaline from loading in task scheduler. The good thing is that it keeps all the settings, so you don't really need it loaded up all the time, and can still load it up with context menu any time. I think this requires an update from AMD.

0 Likes