Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jayejsav
Adept II

Radeon 6800 XT disables onboard LAN

Hello all

I have a new build unit, running a Gigabyte B450M DS3H mobo with a Radeon 6800XT. Ubuntu server 20.04. 

The problem I am having is when the graphics card is connected to the board (and PSU), the motherboard onboard LAN becomes disabled and I can’t figure out how to get around it.

It has been added after the installation, however the AMD GPU drivers come back saying they’re missing a dependency after running the script (in the instructions on website). 

Many thanks in advance as always!

0 Likes
3 Replies
jayejsav
Adept II

Update, so I checked the BIOS and the Realtek onboard LAN controller is showing and is active, however when it boots it is staying in 10meg mode, as if it’s on standby (like when it’s powered down and waiting for wake on lan)

0 Likes

Could it be a Linux OS issue with your Lan Driver? 

Not familiar with Linux OS but a GPU Driver shouldn't affect the Lan driver or operation.

Try opening a thread at Linux website and see if they can help you configure your Linux OS for the LAN to work correctly from here: AMD Linux - Phoronix Forums 

Also open a ticket with Gigabyte Support and see what they say.

0 Likes

Hiya, so I think the install is a bit corrupted, so first off I'm going to attempt to install from USB with the card connected, so it's seeing all the hardware rather than adding it afterwards. I'll try that at the weekend and report back.

Thanks again