cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

l0rd0fs1n
Adept II

Adrenalin 24.6.1 and 24.7.1 cause system freeze and restart

I could not update to the latest video driver versions because any game i would try to play my pc freeze and restart. I'm still on 24.5.1 which works perfectly. I looked in the event viewer and every restart it generates: "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1". (Event ID 1001) Freeze and restart every time I try to start a game. It doesn't matter which one. If i don't try to open a game, everything works, no freeze or restart happens. I have Sapphire RX 7800XT Nitro+ and Ryzen 3600, Windows 10. Windows is up to date. Until version 24.6.1 i never encountered such big problems and i am an old AMD user, but now i simply cannot start any game because the system restarts. The only solution was to reinstall 24.5.1. Does anyone have any advice or ideas?

122 Replies

Ok Adam J Martin which windows file is broken then for all of us?

I think you missed the part where i said "Just installed 24.7.1" ? I was with 24.4.1, and never had a single BSOD before (expect typical Driver Timeouts, which is classic), until today, and everything started right after installed 24.7.1, and it's my fault and my ram is BAD?  And i see you reply to people with exact same (BSOD) issues, with jokes such as "Anyway your issues are very much most likely corrupt Windows DLL files"? Sorry pal, but you have no clue (literally) and you're just replying random quotes from microsoft bot support, which for any problems caused after certain win updates, they blame everything else (bad ram,bad mobo,bad psu,bad cpu), instead of their (microsoft) untested & broken updates. 

Hmm so all the people saying thank you so so much that fixed my computer are just some type of lucky break LMFAO bro you need to get over yourself and realize yes there are pro's out here that step in and help out from time to time so relax and enjoy the help silly angry dude. Windows Dll files can get corrupted during driver installs but what actually happens is the files in your computer likely already had corrupted Dll files and when you updated your PC it made them worse and the bad part is that this is well known to happen but somehow its bot chatter lol bro I'm not one scold a person but I feel like I have to because you came off like a 13 year old kid using insults to try to make a point but makes you look dim witted instead so am I talking to a kid that wants to feel important so he comes on a site he thinks he will not run into experienced people that WILL call his B.S.

Adam J Martin

I don't know what you smoke but i think i want some. Who thank you? You are a troll and nothing more. I don't know why i'm wasting my time with you. Go away man. You think that you are some kind of guru of computers and know all there is to know. Just stop, stop making fun of yourself. If XX number of people says they have problem with a specific driver how can you say that is dlls? Windows? The heat outside? Go to sleep.

lol look guy you're not fooling anyone with your driver fibbs I told you it was your ram you found out I was right so now your mad about it seriously lmfao WOW!!!!

Adam J Martin
0 Likes

you can try all you want your caught getting mad because someone was right which is really sad my guy it cannot be healthy carrying all that jealousy towards a person all the time **bleep** kid

Adam J Martin
0 Likes

If you can revert to an earlier driver and the issues go away, the problem isn't Windows.

Ryzen 7800x3d
Powercolor Hellhound 7900xtx
Asus ROG B650E-F
MasterLiquid ML360L ARGB V2
Corsair DDR5-6000 32GB
Samsung 990 Pro 2TB
Lian Li LANCOOL 216RX

Wow you are pretentious.

I just did a clean Windows install, latest BIOS, latest chipset drivers, and 24.7.1.  Same BSOD on Starcraft 2.  Ran DDU and removed the drivers, installed 24.5.1, and everything worked perfectly.

When you are done patting yourself on the back for a few people who may have been fixed, then you can realize that the rest of of us are still having a legitimate problem.

Also I have been working in I.S. long enough to recognize an obvious software bug after testing multiple fix suggestions and attempts.  Try appreciating the scientific method before just trying to defend yourself because someone said you were wrong.

I did the memory check Mr. "Windows corrupt DLL file" and guess what "The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer's memory and detected no errors" any other ideas beside reinstalling my windows 5th time ?

0 Likes

Oh wow and the NOOB enters the Chat!!!  Memory Diagnostic is a very poor tool to check for corruption lol open command prompt in administrator and type sfc /scannow if you want to try to scan for corruption not errors LMFAO now that you have made me laugh my rib cage to soreness Ill also tell you that even sfc /scannow does not always find corruptions usually using DISM properly with a clean image of a Windows that did not come from a infected pc is how you find and fix these issues however do to inexperienced users I recommend a reinstall which is the easiest fix for the end user which your post above has ultimately proved without zero doubt that my approach is the better one but I will explain how to properly use DISM to find Windows Corruptions to anyone that asks.

Adam J Martin
0 Likes

i be half noob on my mom's side

0 Likes
JohWill
Adept III

Just installed with a crash too. but solved. win11 blue screen to a auto reboot.

Once you installed your new driver go into Adrenalin to custom setting of your GPU.

Lower your boost to 2400

Lower your vram to stock slider all the way left

Then turn your power boost slider to max 15 etc.

Do the new windows update, should be a 3 minute update.  windows 10 may not have it.

Reboot your machine.

Go back into adrenalin and recheck your gpu settings.

Try a few games see how it responds with your RYzen 3600.

If its ok, start moving up your gpu clock to 7800xt max rated boost 2565-2600

once your up near 2600 with no crashing, then move to your Vram speeds.  Same deal, slide it up little by little.

I do think the new drivers are affecting gpu clocks on a few game engines.

Only one machine had a crash, which was my slowest CPU based machine. 5600x The rest of them were flawless.  All with different Radeons  7600 7800 7900 6800 etc.  have a bunch of rigs here.

0 Likes

SO IT IS THE DRIVERS !!!
AMD just randomly boosted our GPUs so they restart whole PC while playing/starting game cuz they cant handle the boost… 

nice job AMD ! 

And its NOT Windows corrupt files AFTER ALL like someone constantly is saying in this thread…

I do know the lower cards clock was something ridiculous 2980mhz rx7600xt and it crashed in seconds up at 103c. 

It is actually Corrupt windows files these guys are Nvidia fanboy trolls trying to blame everything on AMD drivers lol

Adam J Martin

I am not sure if this is actually the problem. I read this and thought it sounded promising, so I first tested my system on 24.5.1 that I had rolled back to, and I was regularly seeing in the mid 2800s up to like 2865, and it can run for hours without crashing. Then I upgraded to 24.7.1 and ran the same test and was seeing roughly the same clocks, within the margin of error., around 2890ish was the highest... Clock is highly dependent on things like scene difficulty, so I don't take a difference of 30MHz in the max as the driver running anything harder, my testing isn't exactly scientific, it's just running around in Far Cry 6 doing whatever. This on a 7900 XTX BTW.

A couple of interesting observations though:

1. On 24.5.1, which was having no issues at all, I had changed it to "Rage" mode, because I was actually trying to crash the driver (with no luck). When I started the game on 24.7.1, I noticed lower frequencies than with 24.5.1, so I checked and the installer had set it back to "default", so I set it back to "Rage" to make things even.

2. When I upgraded to 24.7.1, I was trying to make this a quick test so I just did the simplest upgrade, no factory reset, no DDU, just a straight upgrade (I usually do a factory reset, with or without keeping settings when I upgrade). I rebooted after the upgrade even though it didn't prompt to.

3. For this test I played it for well over an hour, possibly two and had no crashes with 24.7.1, which previously would get a driver hang within 5-30 minutes.

4. With both drivers, temps were around 55-59C and the hotspot was 85-89C.

So, a couple of suggestions to try:

1. If, say, 24.5.1 is working for you, try doing an upgrade to 24.7.1 without any fancy stuff, as in just run the installer and keep clicking "next", don't mess with any options, don't uninstall first, don't run DDU. See what happens. If the problem goes away, it could simply be something is screwed up in the installer that only manifests when installed from scratch.

2. Try it on "Rage" settings. My sudden crash-free behavior could very well be that the raised TDP was stabilizing it. Upping the power is standard procedure to stabilize an overclock, this could be "accidentally" happening with Rage mode.

Ryzen 7800x3d
Asus ROG B650E-F
Corsair DDR5-6000 32GB
Samsung 990 Pro 2TB
Lian Li LANCOOL 216RX

Been telling peeps to lower clock to something near the cards normals and max the power.  Just to make sure it has enough power for whatever settings they left.  That one check box, keep my settings… People think there OC, overvolt will work the same with new drivers.  Nope, you’ll have to re-clock gpu, vram and overvolts - under volts   

I also don’t run my cards anywhere near 2850mhz Keep the hot spots under 76c with 60c at its peak.  So whatever that relates to in clock, undervolt and power boost.  Just don’t see pushing a card to its limit for a few extra frames. 

0 Likes

Updates: I have done this on 2 systems now, I don't think Rage had anything to do with fixing it, but this process seems to work:
1. Downgrade to 24.5.1 with the Factory Reset box checked. Reboot IF PROMPTED.

2. Run Adrenaline and do whatever setup you would do in there.

3. Reboot

4. Upgrade to 24.7.1, do only an upgrade, do not uninstall, use Factory Reset in the installer. or use DDU.

This has worked on 2 systems.

Ryzen 7800x3d
Asus ROG B650E-F
Corsair DDR5-6000 32GB
Samsung 990 Pro 2TB
Lian Li LANCOOL 216RX
0 Likes

I tried doing this twice on my home system and am still getting blue screens upon reboot. Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
rockovissi
Adept II

I haven’t gotten any crashes but then again I didn’t stick around long with 24.6.1 or 24.7.1. I have had the exact same poor performance issues with both. I started playing Riven with 24.5.1 and everything was great. I did a clean install of drivers and reset the shader cache and nothing helped. I reinstalled 24.5.1 and it was perfect again. I’m going to go ahead and say it’s not Windows, it’s the drivers.

Could you please list a snapshot of your system please as this is required to diagnose the issue and if your using daisy chain system on your GPU and most of all your Power supply watts and if its gold rated silver or bronze, please and thank you

Adam J Martin
0 Likes

Forward this to Adam, there are problems and they are not due to hardware))

1.jpg2.jpg

this modest configuration, pulls 1000W GOLD

i5-13400/ asrock Z790 PG Lightning D4 /32 GBytes DDR4 3200 Hynix/ ASRock 7700xt Phantom Gaming OC/ 1000w gold
0 Likes

I agree that's a nice setup by the way!!!  I game a lot and from my experience from modding and downloading games deleting games sometimes Windows makes mistakes, and you can get corrupt files but that's not always the case sometimes a bad memory over clock can cause crashes and instabilities in your system causing crashes so please explain exactly what issues your having!!!

Adam J Martin
0 Likes

the problem is in the freezing of games and the appearance of a blue "screen of death", all this, after installing the 24.6.1 update, the next one, I didn't even install))) when returning to version 24.5.1, there are no problems. I suggest leaving Windows alone, since the problems appeared when changing the driver set and if these driver changes lead to conflicts/damage to the Windows DLL, then this problem should be solved by AMD programmers and Windows programmers, in my layman's opinion. Moreover, according to numerous posts in this thread, reinstalling Windows does not change the situation.

i5-13400/ asrock Z790 PG Lightning D4 /32 GBytes DDR4 3200 Hynix/ ASRock 7700xt Phantom Gaming OC/ 1000w gold
0 Likes
MardukNo1
Journeyman III

I am using a cpu 7900x3d with 7900XT gpu and 32*2 GB ram G-skill and after upgrading the software version 24.4.1 to 24.7.1 or the 24.6 my pc freeze the same in any game and restarts over and over... the stable version for me is 24.4.1 and if i try to upgrade to 24.5.1 in the game GHOST of THUSIMA the lightning effects are distorsioned.. blurred and i cannot p[lay the game because i don`t see a **bleep** thing... plsease help and fix those drivers because i cannot play not even the old games because they put me to upgrade to the lastest version of the drivers and if i install the latest versions the pc restart permanently.... please help

0 Likes

Ok had to do bit if research on this one but from what ive came up with is that lots of people are having to declock there ram to 3200 or 3400 and the issue starts with 3600mhz and certain motherboard configurations so declock to one of these and see if it lets you play games again and we will go from there!!!

Adam J Martin

I can not restrain myself to tell you that you are in cocoo land my friend.

So now its RAM and not “corrupted Widows file” ?
By the way on 24.5.1 my RAM works great so 24.6 and 24.7 are BROKEN drivers which mess with the RAM and GPU clocks. Lets all agree on that and move on to fix broken drivers cuz some people lost many hours to solve this problem and as a customer Im deeply disappointed with AMD and their broken drivers.

0 Likes

That's because RAM or windows is the issue here pick a fix apply one and quit insulting every solution people give you instead of blaming everything on your mishaps, man up fix your stuff 🧐 

Adam J Martin
0 Likes

I checked my RAM and its fine 0 errors detected. Im building rigs since 2005 so trust me bro I know my sh*t. You not gonna fool me that its my PC components or bad windows files specifically if Im performing high quality gaming on 24.5.1 and all is fine! Let AMD fix their drivers and I will enjoy gaming with same windows and same hardware when they do. Im starting to think that you work for AMD and just trying to buy them some time with blaming windows even when multiple people told you they just installed clean windows and update it and then installed a faulty drivers.

0 Likes
jrbittar
Journeyman III

After this update I have been problem with DCS WORLD and WAR THUNDER, boths game are issues like freezen, not opening sometimes and much lagging, this has started after this update.

Forget to say having problem with my TRACK IR too, doesn´t working in game.

Hope AMD come back with a solution fast because since this update can´t play anymore....

0 Likes

Install 24.5.1 back and it will work again

0 Likes
l0rd0fs1n
Adept II

I'm amazed at how many people come in and comment nonsense without actually having anything to say. If the latest versions of the driver work for some, this does not mean that they work for all. I'm also amazed that most of you blame windows. I don't love windows but I can't blame any problem on it. The problem is quite simple, with new driver versions the computer freezes and reboots. From what I've noticed, I'm not the only one who has this problem, and I didn't notice it just by reading the comments left on my post, but by searching in other places as well. I don't understand why people propose various "solutions" that have nothing to do with the problem. And I say that they have no idea and propose solutions that have nothing to do with the problem because those who propose those solutions do not have that problem, so they cannot reproduce it to see exactly what it is about. It is exactly like the answers given on the Microsoft support forum. Stop commenting if you have nothing concrete to say. If you reproduced the error that I have or have a solution for someone else who posted, post the answer with the solution. If you have no idea, stop posting all kinds of nonsense. It's not windows. There are no broken dlls. Windows is up to date. AMD chipset is up to date. Everything is up to date. The computer works normally with version 24.5.1 but not with the following two. I repeat, I speak on my behalf, not everyone's.

Another thing that is no less strange is that after the extremely unsuccessful release of 24.6.1, they installed 24.7.1 without reading the reviews from those who tried it.

0 Likes

Yea not sure why you're not reading the news but Windows having corrupt drivers in their newest updates is a Fact not some Conspiracy that you're claiming lol and besides from over 15 years of experience it's pretty well known that updating your drivers can but not always Corrupt your Windows files usually DLL however it can corrupt other files and I have now helped over 30+ plus people so far by just simply doing a refresh aka a reboot which completely fix the problem a few others I used the DISM method properly with Image of windows that was from another system and also was able to entirely fix the issue so it's already proven that corrupt Windows DLLs are the issue and there may be other issues out there but it's not likely at this point.

Adam J Martin
0 Likes

You have no idea what are you talking about. All you say and all you know to say is "reboot your pc, reset your pc, reinstall your windows". Thats it. You are a joke and you have no clue. I bet you have no clue about anything.

0 Likes

Microsoft had some problems a day ago, I was unable to use 24.6.1 month ago when Microsoft didn’t have problem. Explain then why some people are fixing the problem declocking their GPU or messing with the adrenaline factory settings and it seems to help? Did that fixed “corrupted windows files” as well ? No. It didn’t. SO ITS NOT WINDOWS its THE DRIVERS so stop blaming Windows.

0 Likes

Look you can either try the fix or do not it's up to you but saying a de-clock  helps the issue only tells me it relieves enough stress on the system so that windows will not crash does not in any way mean it's the driver lol so what's actually going to happen is it will eventually get worse and worse till windows crashes because of the corruption Issue that is now very widely known, So your doubting Windows has corruption issues have a look at one of the 100s of well documented cases of just how widespread it is yourself   https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-almost-every-windows-11-update-cause/...

Adam J Martin
twibr
Adept II

I suggest not to download adrenaline updates until autumn, probably competent developers and testers are on vacation and the last two updates were made and tested by students of some AMD elementary school

phxrider
Adept II

I have done this on 2 systems now, this process seems to work:

1. Downgrade to 24.5.1 with the Factory Reset box checked. Reboot IF PROMPTED, otherwise just continue.

2. Run Adrenaline and do whatever setup you would normally do in there for games, etc.

3. Reboot

4. Upgrade to 24.7.1, do only an upgrade.  Do not uninstall previous drivers, do not use Factory Reset in the installer, do not use DDU.

5. Reboot when install is complete, before testing.

This has worked on 2 systems now.

Ryzen 7800x3d
Asus ROG B650E-F
Corsair DDR5-6000 32GB
Samsung 990 Pro 2TB
Lian Li LANCOOL 216RX