cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jmag1988
Adept I

Adrenalin 23.9.3 keeps crashing.

I have a RX 6700XT and the 23.9.3 drivers lasted three minutes, at first it seemed to work well, in the first moments you could put the full screen on YouTube and exit without it blocking, but after a minute the screen froze a little, then when starting a game and exit to the desktop and return to the game it freezes for about ten seconds, but on YouTube there has been a moment where it froze every few seconds without putting up a video, so I have decided to go back to 23.9.1 again, which does not cause problems Next time I will have it clear, I will not update again until several days have passed and I see that it works.

1 Solution
LordMac
Adept I

23.10.1 drivers solved all the issues for me , i hope this helps somebody , have a nice game.

View solution in original post

64 Replies

I'm using 6750 xt, do you think 9.3 will fix it or should I stay on 9.1?

0 Likes

After reading this thread, it’s strange to ask such a question, unless you’re a troll, of course

0 Likes

perhaps you are a sorcerer?)))

0 Likes

It´s hard to say, you can try. Do you remember which driver did you had when that issues started to happen in our pc?

0 Likes
Elias0
Journeyman III

I have also an RX 6700XT and none of the drivers 23.9.3  23.9.2 23.9.1  is working, i m always getting a black and flickering screen and driver time out. 

Any idea about a real stable version ?

0 Likes

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes

As my flickering/flashing issues begun in middle of summer and with 23.9.3 driver system started to freeze, I rolled back my driver to 23.5.2. Works fine for now.

Interesting, but I have not seen driver timeout warning for a while. Earlier it was an every day issue.

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

My wife's PC has an ASRock 5700XT Phantom Gaming D .. zero issues when I packed things up (we just moved) .. finally set it back up and I updated everything .. BIOS, AM4 chipset drivers, GPU drivers . Windows .. etc

Testing stability and curious about the new Counter-Strike 2 .. I played the training mode and a ways into playing I got a driver timeout error .. "What the heck?!"

The only other time I've gotten a driver timeout error was due to the power supply .. swapping out to a better beefier one cured it .. she runs a Seasonic Focus 850wtt 80+ Platinum with separate power cables running to each power input on the GPU .. so I was pretty sure it wasn't a power supply issue but still didn't rule it out

I ran the AMD Cleanup Utility which auto reboots you into safe mode and then cleans out all past AMD drivers residue ..etc .. booted back up and reinstalled the latest 23.9.3 drivers

I played CS2 for hours .. and still playing it 

You could try the AMD utility IF you've only ran AMD GPU's on your current install of Windows .. IF you've ran Nvidia cards , THEN you should run DDU and remove all things Nvidia prior to AMD's utility or just use DDU to clean out both ..reboot .. and then reinstall GPU drivers

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
pronasit
Journeyman III

I recently received a new system update, and it appeared to function well for a couple of days. However, yesterday, whenever I opened a web browser or an application, my system's performance deteriorated to the point of being practically frozen. Initially, I explored various solutions because I didn't suspect it was a GPU driver issue. I wasn't engaging in activities like watching videos or playing games when these problems started. I stumbled upon a forum post suggesting that resetting the GPU drivers might resolve the issue, so I followed those instructions.

0 Likes
huzhihao6432
Adept I

same here and even with the preview driver. now im using the 23.9.1 which is the latest most stable one.

davee32
Journeyman III

Same here RX 6700XT I thought my SSD was giving out or my motherboard was having issues thank God I stumbled on this post and rolled back to the previous drivers 23.9.1.

Do you think AMD even knows about this problem that we are facing ?

I haven't seen any bulletins or any updates from them regarding this severe issue in my opinion

Dave

0 Likes
Grumly
Journeyman III

0 Likes

I had problems with 23.9.3 and went back to 22.8.X. Yesterday I installed 23.10.1 and I had no problems anymore with lags und sticking system. Seems to be solved, which was also noticed in the changelogs of the driver

This doesn't seem to be available for my AMD RX Vega 64 Saphire. Will they make it available for it?

0 Likes
yurikokolev
Adept III

I am using it since release and it's working flawlessly. No more issues

Ryzen 7 5800x3D - Powercolor RX6800XT Red Devil - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX - MSI x470 gaming plus - Win10 - AMD A10-7850K - 16Gb PowerColor RedDevil RX580 8GB and also Phenom 9950 Black Edition 8gb Ram - HD7870 2GB
0 Likes
ibogreen
Adept II

Latest win11 update keeps making the driver crash. i already rolled it back and was fine again  but now windows forced the install and its again broken

0 Likes

Did you update your driver to 23.10.1 ?

0 Likes
vanon
Adept II

I received an instant BSOD ("memory management") when trying to install 23.9.3. (Windows 11 22H2, freshly installed a month ago, with 6600 XT.) It did not install, still on 23.9.1. I will not touch 23.9.3 now, esp. after reading these other problems. (Does WHQL mean nothing anymore?) Will wait for 23.10.x and hope AMD acquires adequate brainpower to write these complex drivers.

0 Likes
LordMac
Adept I

23.10.1 drivers solved all the issues for me , i hope this helps somebody , have a nice game.

How so?
I cannot install them from the official page. Search for downloads on the official page gives no results. Search in adrenaline software also gives old results.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-23-10-1
https://www.amd.com/en/support 

f1am3d_0-1697443666685.png

0 Likes

They've removed 23.10.1 because Anti-Lag+ feature was triggering anti-cheats in online games, you'll have to wait for another fixed drivers.

Yes indeed. Everything is fine now.

0 Likes

Well, after updating to 23.10.1 and having a bunch of problems with games on this driver version, I roll back to 23.7.2 again. And so every time. AMD is becoming more and more disappointing.

0 Likes
toolpusher
Adept I

Great.  Fix of fixing drivers. Next patch of fix of fixing drivers. Buhahha.

fixing fixed drivers) Guys, create tasks for yourself, very convenient.

0 Likes