cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jmag1988
Adept I

Adrenalin 23.9.3 keeps crashing.

I have a RX 6700XT and the 23.9.3 drivers lasted three minutes, at first it seemed to work well, in the first moments you could put the full screen on YouTube and exit without it blocking, but after a minute the screen froze a little, then when starting a game and exit to the desktop and return to the game it freezes for about ten seconds, but on YouTube there has been a moment where it froze every few seconds without putting up a video, so I have decided to go back to 23.9.1 again, which does not cause problems Next time I will have it clear, I will not update again until several days have passed and I see that it works.

1 Solution
LordMac
Adept I

23.10.1 drivers solved all the issues for me , i hope this helps somebody , have a nice game.

View solution in original post

64 Replies
TubalC
Adept II

Same here, 6700xt. 23.9.3 on youtube same problem. 

yurikokolev
Adept III

i am still on 23.9.1 because of the issues on the 23.9.2 , so they still haven't fix the issues then. well i will be waiting for the 23.10.1 then lol

Ryzen 7 5800x3D - Powercolor RX6800XT Red Devil - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX - MSI x470 gaming plus - Win10 - AMD A10-7850K - 16Gb PowerColor RedDevil RX580 8GB and also Phenom 9950 Black Edition 8gb Ram - HD7870 2GB
4xRED
Adept I

Same here, RX 6750 XT driver: 23.9.3, the problem started on version 23.9.2 and i don't have this problem on 23.9.1

fatehasfans
Adept I

..and ironically it's a 'Recommended' driver. Btw I have the same issue. If I alt-tab I get flashing and when I'm simply browsing my whole system starts freezing and I have to turn the computer off. Shame given that when I'm in games I like the performance.

fatehasfans
Adept I

(I'm running RX6900XT btw)

pascal_94
Journeyman III

XFX RX 6800 XT here; same issues with 23.9.3 and 23.9.2.
First few minutes it runs flawless, but then it starts to randomly freeze when performing (more GPU demanding?!) tasks on the desktop like: launching VLC media player, pressing "print" or "win+shift+s" for capturing a screenshot, watching YT Videos, etc.

EDIT: YT works fine with Firefox. VLC is still a problem. I will downgrade anyway.
I will now downgrade back to 23.9.1 as you all seem to recommend this.
Some feedback from AMD would be very nice.

EDIT2: Downgrade to 23.9.1 solved it for me. It is a shame that AMD still is so careless at releasing drivers packages. I mean, these cards are STILL not cheap stuff, but the software support FEELS cheap...

OneSkin
Journeyman III

Same here 6650xt 

Fine first few minutes, then freeze ups for around 10-15 seconds, then stutters .. then crash. Still doing it today and I'm unsure how to get back to previous release as I'm a noob at this stuff. 

Path of exile id assume would run on a potatoe too, sucks to be me

kybeer
Adept I

Win11 + PowerColor 6800 XT here; same issues with 23.9.3.
Runs OK for 5-10 minutes. Then it starts to randomly freeze (when performing more GPU demanding..?)

Like when starting a web browser, watching YT, pressing or "win+shift+s" for capturing a screenshot,

Games seems to work fine though.

Downgrading to 23.9.1 for now.

Can anyone help here, I get crashing every 15 mins, and I can't roll back to a previous because I've only had it like a week or 2 so I have nothing to roll back to.. or at least the roll back option isn't available to choose 

Go to AMD site and download driver version 23.9.1

If you don't know how to download the previous drivers see the pic below

yurikokolev_0-1695992411789.png

Ryzen 7 5800x3D - Powercolor RX6800XT Red Devil - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX - MSI x470 gaming plus - Win10 - AMD A10-7850K - 16Gb PowerColor RedDevil RX580 8GB and also Phenom 9950 Black Edition 8gb Ram - HD7870 2GB
Grumly
Journeyman III

Same issue for me with 23.9.3 drivers and RX5950XT in starcraft 2 
I will try to downdrade to 23.9.1 as mentioned.

sinmaxxx
Journeyman III

rx 6700xt, same **bleep** on 23.9.2 - 23.9.3.

LordMac
Adept I

6800xt and win 11 user, 23.9.2 amd 23.9 3 freezes and crash my pc when using any browser, going back to 23.9.1 solve the problem. please do something AMD.

geogreece
Adept I

same here, ASUS DUAL RX 6500 XT OC on browsing in Brave.

ShaneCoriolis
Journeyman III

Same here, sadly.

Funny because I upgraded to 23.9.3 to be able to play CyberPunk. The game would not launch with my previous driver. Now I can play CyberPunk but I barely can use my pc because things keep freezing for minutes or flicker: Brave web-browser, Zoom etc...

I drive an RX6800 on Windows 10 22H2 with an Intel CPU (9700K).

Please AMD, fix the issue.

EDIT: As others have reported, reverting to 23.9.1 seems to be all good for me. I can even play CyberPunk 2.0 (without Phantom Liberty) without any issue.

Can't edit my post for some reason.

I said that reverting to 23.9.1 fixed all my issue. Actually one is persisting: the flickering with Zoom, and Brave. The freezes seem to be gone for good though. But man that flickering... good luck watching a full screen zoom presentation when that happens.

I drive an RX6800 on Windows 10 22H2 with an Intel CPU (9700K).

0 Likes
DipakJ27
Adept III

I've seen a few other reports of similar problems, so it seems like this is a widespread issue.

I understand your frustration. It's always disappointing when a new driver update causes problems. I'm glad you were able to roll back to 23.9.1, which seems to be working better for you.

Dipakjadhav
MurkyWorld
Adept I

Same here! [Rx 6900 XT , Ryzen 9 5950X]

I  have reverted to 23.9.1.  
I couldn't have netflix playing in one browser and scroll through some news in another browser at the same time. The whole screen started flickering and finally everything crashed. Not a very heavy workload in my opinion.  23.9.1 seems a lot more stable. 

Kamakazi
Journeyman III

The same problem with the RX6800, only 23.7.2 works stably, with 23.9.1 everything seems to be fine, but BG3 crashes

Expaw
Adept I

Same issue, opening browser causes system lag and freeze randomly. Everything fine on 23.9.1. 6800xt here 

LaCentolla
Adept I

Same for me, with a brand new RX 7800 XT.

Will try to install the 23.9.1 as you said.

nyran125
Journeyman III

video playback like VLC media player and videos in general just freeze outright after this update and the whole PC just freezes up until i log out and just restart the session logging out.

MurkyWorld
Adept I

I'm a little curious about how this version passed quality control. Some regression tests must have been done. I guess those tests needs to be extended including average desktop use. The flicker/freeze issue is also present in 23.9.1 but not as prominent. I'm continuously being opted out of rage mode just browsing the web. Gaming doesn't do that. 

AD0N3XUS
Journeyman III

6900 XT, 5800X3D, WIN11

I got the new update and seemed to work fine for a couple of days. Then yesterday anytime I would open a browser window or an app it bog my system down to basically frozen. I looked around for solutions because at the time I didn't think it was the gpu driver. I wasn't watching vids or playing games when the issues began. I found a forum that said resetting the gpu drivers would help. So I did that. It did help. For like 3 minutes. Then I came across a guy with the exact same issues as me and he said he disabled Freesync and that stopped all of the freezing. So I did that. It worked. I have had no more freezing. So, it appears somehow AMD's update bricked Freesync.

Thanks! That did the trick. Back with 23.9.3 with Freesync turned off. Seems to work better. 

MurkyWorld_0-1696529256701.png

0 Likes
toolpusher
Adept I

Amd crashes? That is the news. With their support and capability of solving problems it will. I was warned not to buy AMD GPU and I did not listen.  I paid the price for being sentimental. Never again.

MurkyWorld
Adept I

Well, even Nvidia have crashing and freezing issues if you google it. It's a complex thing writing drivers that works for every environment. 

0 Likes
f1am3d
Adept I

Same here.

Constant crashes. starting from 23.9.2 (now on 23.9.3)

go back to 23.9.1 and you will be fine, but pay attention with windows update, because sometimes he update the graphics driver and will install the most recent buggy driver. if this happens you will see in adrenalin software that you wont be able to update your driver anymore

0 Likes

No, 23.9.1 still crashing.

0 Likes
rcanul
Adept I

Same problem with driver 23.9.2 and 23.9.3 getting random freezes while watching netflix or youtube, I had to go back to 23.9.1 so I can at least do normal use in my PC

Specs: ASUS DUAL RX6750XT OC - Ryzen 5 5700X - ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING - 32GB RAM 3200Mhz - Windows 11

0 Likes

as i said before, disable windows driver updates or else this will happen to you to, windows will update it on the background and you will keep having issues, and then complain that 23.9.1 is also broken

yurikokolev_0-1696765582426.png

0 Likes

No. I've reverted back to the previous driver. It plays videos again now and everything is working as it should again.No problems. So there's definitely something going on with the new drivers.

0 Likes

I'm aware of windows update issue with drivers and I'm sure that's not the related to my problem. anyway the issue was fixed in driver 23.10.1

0 Likes
f1am3d
Adept I

Okay, rolled back drivers from  23.9.3 to 23.8.2 and all crashes that I've experienced have disappeared.

It makes more sense to use 9.2 or 9.1. I'm using 9.1, there are fluctuations on the screen while alt-tabbing.

0 Likes

Hum, i dont have any problem with 23.9.3 on my 6900xt.

0 Likes