cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bitfunk
Adept I

Adrenalin 2020 - Can't output 4k@60hz

So, I'm currently running the 19.9.2 driver with no issues whatsoever. My current link speed is 5.4gbpsx4 which is enough to do 4k@60hz with 8bpc. However, when I update to any new driver that AMD offers(Including their new 2020 edition driver) my link speed is halved to 2.7gbpsx4, which is not enough for 4k@60hz. I'm also using a Club3d DP 1.4 to HDMI 2.0 adapter which connects into a HDMI2.0 port on my Samsung TV. Does anyone know why this is happening?
Thanks.
EDIT: Just to add. When I update my drivers and go into Win10 display settings, I'll set the desktop resolution to 3860x2160 and then go into advanced display settings where it has the active signal/desktop resolution listed as being 4096x2160, which is obviously not what I selected.
System Config:

Mobo: ASUS sabretooth z170 mark1
BIOS ver: 113-C8800100-101
GPU: AMD Fury X
Driver: Adrenaline 2019 19.9.2(WHQL)
Memory: 32gb ddr4
OS version: Win 10 x64 18362.476
Steps to reproduce: Just installing a driver later than 19.9.2 seems to cause the issue.
Expected behavior: The monitor runs at 4k@60hz.
Actual behavior: The monitor runs at 4k@30hz with a slower link speed being displayed in AMD settings.

1 Solution
shuttlexpc
Adept I

Also, beyond my rant, here's how to fix it since you ain't getting **** from AMD support:

1) Set your resolution to 3840x2160 in the Windows Display Settings menu

2) Go into the "lovely designed" AMD software and create a custom resolution with these settings:

Imgur: The magic of the Internet 

3) Go into Windows Display settings again, choose "Advanced Display Settings" then choose "Display Adapter properties for Display x" at the bottom.

4) Once the menu opens, choose 3840x2160 @60hz at the bottom.

You should now be OK, but with a Samsung TV you may have to activate, "UHD HDMI Color" in your TV's menu's.

You may be asking, how does this guy know so much about this? Well, AMD has done this now a record total of 3 times in driver releases over the last few years. Their record to fix it was 17 releases later - yes, 2 years of time to fix a display resolution bug.

View solution in original post

18 Replies