cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hairybones
Journeyman III

Latest Drivers cause Adobe Media Encoder to crash after short time

A fellow Adobe Media Encoder user has posted on Adobe's community forums. I have decided to post here to let it be known to AMD and this community. Media encoder crashes constantly after 2 mins and ... - Adobe Support Community - 11794895

After a short period of time, between 2-5 minutes, Media Encoder will crash, not matter what your doing while using the application, or even if you do nothing at all. I have discovered that this occurs on BOTH the latest recommended and latest optional drivers that AMD offers on their website and via Radeon Software. The only workaround that I know of that works at the moment is to uninstall the drivers entirely through device manager and auto install them through Windows instead. As you might guess, however, this process results in not being able to play any of the latest games, most notably Black Ops Cold War, which basically requires the newest drivers to function at all.

AMD, please address this issue as soon as possible, as uninstalling drivers every time I want to render something is just an unacceptable workaround.

My PC:

AMD Ryzen 2700x

AMD Radeon 5700XT

16GB DDR4 RAM @ 3600MHz

Latest Known Working Driver: 20.10.35.02-200821a-360470C-ATI

0 Likes
2 Replies
ziccosor
Adept I

tengo el mismo problema cuando se solucionara

0 Likes
ziccosor
Adept I

Tengo el mismo problema alguna solucion.

0 Likes