Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

myg0t
Adept I

144hz only works on Driver 21.4.1

Hello, 

my problem is that the 144hz only works on the Driver version 21.4.1. On every newer version i have testet my screen stays black. I hope anyone knows a solution. My Display is a benq xl2411z. Thx for your time. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
8 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

Not a driver issue. Likely something wrong with your registry. Do a clean Windows install.

0 Likes
myg0t
Adept I

Hi and thanks for your reply. 

I have done a clean Windows install and that did not helped. Windows is running on 60Hz and i can turn on 144hz.But if i turn IT to 144hz it stays black. When i install the old Driver Version (21.4.1 the latest that will work) the 144hz work like a Charme. Sorry for my bad english i am not a native speaker. 

Thanks so much for your help! 

0 Likes

Try setting it to 120Hz for testing.

Depending on your resolution aso. could be cable issue too, but somehow I feel it it trying to use a mode that is not compatible soimehow. Did you set the 144Hz from Windows (like you should)?

When screen is black, turn monitor off and back on and try plugging HDMI/DP cable out and back in. Also you could try different port in monitor/GPU.

You could install monitor driver if for some reason new GPU driver doesn't believe your monitor can do 144Hz https://www.benq.eu/en-fi/support/downloads-faq/products/monitor/xl2411z/software-driver.html 

0 Likes
myg0t
Adept I

So far i have tested :

- a new displayport cable

-installed the Monitor driver

-turn the Monitor off/on during change

-setting a different value 60/100/120/144hz

and nothing works only the 60hz turn not black. Windows is fresh insalled. Btw i have a vega 64...i think i have to stick to the old drivers.. 

0 Likes
KabouterPlop1
Challenger

for my panel i need to set it to 8 bit for it to work at 144hz but in that case it just reverts back to 120hz try reseating the display cable or get a new high quality cable that matches the monitor display port / hdmi spec

0 Likes
Pyroluv
Journeyman III

Amd Rx Vega support is dead

0 Likes
myg0t
Adept I

0 Likes