I have recently build a setup with a Ryzen 5 3600X CPU. After downloading and launching Ryzen Master, the software tells me the CPU clock speed has a maximum value of 4400Mhz (compared to its based clock speed 3800Mhz).
I did not configure anything in the BIOS to overclock it and I did not modified anything in Ryzen Master (I just launched it and it's on the "Standard Mode").
On the BIOS, it is set to run at 3.8 Ghz.
When I let Ryzen Master open and monitor the value, I can sometimes see it running above the 3.8Ghz base clock value. So it does run like it is overcloked.
I have a few questions :
- is it normal for it to run at its maximum overclocking value ?
- on the long run, can it have negative effects on the processor ? (I run on stock cooler - a AMD Wraith Spire)
- is there anything I can do configure so its maximum clock speed is the base clock value 3.8 Ghz ?
Full setup :
- CPU : Ryzen 5 3600X
- MOBO : MSI x570 Gaming Edge Wifi
- GPU : MSI Gaming X Trio (RTX 2070 Super)
- RAM : 2 x 8Go DDR4 3600Mhz (CORSAIR LPX VENGEANCE)
Thanks a lot in advance if you answer to the question.