Rx 5700xt nitro+

R5 3600

700w psu

16gb 3000mhz

b450 toma

latest chipset

latest bios

temps max 75, junct. 95

Modern warfare for example crashes. it gives  dev error 6068. ITs really frustrating and im probably gonna send it back after corona if its still  not fixed. I also sent 3 emails to amd support, no help just the same response every time.

thank you!

0 Likes
7 Replies
koszalek
Adept III

hi, this is the fault of the game, not the drivers, write to suports modern warfare

0 Likes
saveusjuan
Adept I

Hey sstadler; I too was having this issue, specifically with warzone. I was pulling my hair out and went weeks trying to pinpoint the exact error. Check your event viewer when you get the warzone crash. If it says it’s the radeonsoftware.exe causing the error, or error code 0xc000374, or exception code 0xc0000005, or any error code caused by Radeonsofware.exe than its the application that is the issue. This solution for some reason is skipped by everyone on these forums, the AND Radeonsoftware  Adrenalin 2020 application is the issue! Not the drivers them self. I recommend you to do this. 
1. uninstall all your drivers and remove the Radeonsofware Adrenalin application entirely. I recommend using (AMD Cleanup Utility) 
2. Next go back to AMDs drivers and here’s the catch you can choose which ever you please, 20.4.2 worked for me. Download the driver again, and run. 
3. Now you’re  at the setup wizard for the drivers, where it says destination folder copy that entire text “Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-XXXX(DATE)” 

4. Open up notepad and paste it there.(this will be so you could find it easily) then just save it on your desktop and name it as you please. 

5. Now that you have this, go back to the Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 setupwizard and click install(this will begin the extraction process) 

6. it will detect your system configuration; and then a second(actual install screen)will be promoted. THIS IS WHERE YOU HIT CANCEL. Because we do not want the Adrenalin software just the drivers. 
7.Open device manager go to display adapters, right click “Microsoft Basic Display adapter” and choose Update Driver. Now choose browse my computer for driver software.

8. Open up your notepad from earlier(hopefully saved on desktop so you didn’t lose it )copy the “Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-Edition-XXXX(DATE)” and paste it in the text box. 
9. Finally click next and your drivers will be installed, you will experience the same flickers as usual. You will now have the updated drivers but not the software Adrenalin. 
I hope this will help you, as I know how frustrating this can be to spend all this money on a product that should work properly. I am not good with coding, programming, or tinkering with my computer. I found this solution after weeks of headaches and diagnosing. Let me know how it goes, good luck!

here’s a video. How to install AMD Drivers (without the installing Adrenaline Software) - YouTube 

0 Likes

hey i installed it the way you recommended it. Any way i can control the fan speed with afterburner?

0 Likes

Yeah I'm using afterburner, amazing application. Just do the usual fan curve as you please and i don't recommend tinkering with any of the voltage and overclocking stuff. Since that hasn't been part of my trial. So far two weeks of gaming and no crashes. Let me know how it goes!

0 Likes

i cant seem to control the fan?

edit:do you think its a good idea to send it back in a week or two if its not fixed and that  i then use my old gtx 960 2gb until new cards come out? i bought the rx5700xt for 450eur.

0 Likes

That's weird, I have not had this issue nor do I know a fix for it. Just to make sure did you check the box that says enable user-defined software automatic fan control? 

In all honesty, yes I recommend you send it back if the crashes are not fixed. I was going to do the same, but luckily my issues were fixed.

0 Likes

it was because it is stuck to no fan under 50cel. in game itworks when it heats up

and yeah but you dont want to use a card like that right? you want to use it normally without issues like you're supposed to, so why do you not send it back

edit: games keep crashing

0 Likes