AnsweredAssumed Answered

RX5700 fan problem.

Question asked by paul1979uk on Jan 10, 2020
Latest reply on Jan 13, 2020 by tastytom

Hi, I've got a problem with setting up a fan curve for my Gigabyte RX 5700 GAMING OC gpu.

The main issue is the fans switch off when idle which is a problem because the gpu is blocking the chipset fan so the temps are higher than normal when idle and the problem with that is that it triggers them off quite easy in windows just by doing basic things like web browsing or watching a youtube clip.

Anyway, is there a way to have the fans running at a low rpm when idle whiles using the auto setting? The reason I say the auto setting is that when I use the manual setting, I can set the fan to stay on when idle but then it messes up the fan curve where it ramps up a lot more than needed when gaming so it sounds a lot loader than I would want.

Also, has anyone been able to set up a manual fan curve that actually works off the temps and rpm you set? Because it seems to have a mind of its own where the settings I put in work to a degree but something is overriding it, maybe the gpu bios, but anyway, I checked, gpu junction and memory temps and all are quite low but the fans kick in too aggressive which sounds quite noisy and it seems to do this when junction and memory temps are around 55c.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Outcomes