cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

amdconvert
Adept I

AMD Radeon 5700 Issues

Really bummed. Bought into the AMD hype and bought the following components. Built the computer and its flying except the GPU. Running into all kinds of issues. Installed/Uninstalled/Reinstalled drivers multiple times.

- Cant play Youtube videos

- HDMI issues - the speakers on the monitor keep appearing/dissapearing

- Direct3D Not Available

My Specs

Mobo: ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 

GPU: Radeon RX 5700

16 GB of 3200 RAM

6 Replies
osirismelb
Adept III

I've found that the new drivers 19.7.2 have fixed all my issues.

Wattman shows proper statistics all the time. Also works with Afterburner (I am using the newest beta).

I can overclock the RX 5700 XT no problem, its stable and fast.

Only thing is if it's enabled is to ensure Freesync is off as well as VSR.

Also if you have 19.7.1 installed, remove it using DDU then install 19.7.2 clean.

0 Likes

Thanks... DDU and reinstall worked.

fazelanvari
Journeyman III

I have the same mobo and CPU, and also 16GB RAM at 3200MHz with a 5700 XT. It was working ok on 19.7.1, but the drivers (or the card, Windows isn't good at telling me which) would crash occasionally and require a reboot. 19.7.2 completely broke it so that games would either not load at all or would load and be extremely slow. Rolling back didn't help anything.

Maybe I just have a bad card

0 Likes
amdconvert
Adept I

I gave up on Rx5700 today and went and replaced it for an ASUS RTX 2060. Works right out of the box. Scored 5X times on the Unigen Heaven benchmark test. No issues with playing youtube videos. The system seems to be at ease and seems to be working much better now. I guess a stable/mature video card with established drivers is the way to go. I couldn't wait for AMD to get the drivers right - lost my patience after 2 weeks of playing install/uninstall drivers.

0 Likes
athens4u7r
Journeyman III

Try latest patch 19.8.1

0 Likes

19.8.1 isn't very stable, but 19.7.4 cleared up most issues I was having

0 Likes