cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

fairfly
Journeyman III

No Mans Sky Windows 8 Update Vulkan Driver

When starting the game no mans sky the following message appears. The Vulkan driverr for 'AMD Radeon R9 200 Series' reports that it is version 1.5.0. This seems to be an old driver. We recommed updating to te latest version available at www. amd.com. According to the message, I updated the driver on my video card AMD Radeon R9 270x to the latest available version. And not any changes all the same message appears

1 Solution

Hello

1. AMD no longer supports Windows 8.1
  2. You will need to upgrade to Windows 10 to continue using updated drivers for your GPU.
  3. Your installed driver is probably the last one to launch AMD for W8.1 (17.7.1) AMD Radeon™ R7 360 Drivers & Support | AMD 
  4. Information for NMS update: Beyond Patch 2.06c - No Man's Sky 
  5. Right click on the game in Steam's library, go to Properties, in the updates tab select "keep this game updated".
  6. If point 5 does not work, on the Local Files tab, select check the integrity of the files, and restart Steam.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
eminemgod
Journeyman III

Hi, i got the same problem, same error, i have a AMD Radeon R7 360, and i got updated latest version but vulkan version still 1.5.0. I use Windows 8.1 and i noticed the latest version is from 2017, but Windows 7 and 10 is 2019, we expect any update for fix this problem? Thank you.

emilioarg
Adept III

Upgrade your NMS version (v2.06c), the R9 200 series is compatible with Vulkan.

eminemgod
Journeyman III

Hi emilioarg and how update to v.2.06c? i use plataform steam and no say nothing about update the game.

0 Likes

Hello

1. AMD no longer supports Windows 8.1
  2. You will need to upgrade to Windows 10 to continue using updated drivers for your GPU.
  3. Your installed driver is probably the last one to launch AMD for W8.1 (17.7.1) AMD Radeon™ R7 360 Drivers & Support | AMD 
  4. Information for NMS update: Beyond Patch 2.06c - No Man's Sky 
  5. Right click on the game in Steam's library, go to Properties, in the updates tab select "keep this game updated".
  6. If point 5 does not work, on the Local Files tab, select check the integrity of the files, and restart Steam.
lbielko
Journeyman III

emilioarg , as eminemgod said:
The latest AMD driver software is from 2017. AMD has abandonned Windows 8/8.1 two years ago.

The issue here is the OS, not the GPU. My friend has this exact same issue.