4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2018 5:33 PM by bryannitro

NITRO Laptop Overclockers Guide...

bryannitro

This will be my last post for I have finally been picked up.

silcon conformate coated pcb's with full 99% static thermal distribution with over 250watt/250watt of active cooling split between both side of the video card and motherboard.

full liquid cooling with gallium support engaged lol...

no back to topic.

you have a laptop, YAY and your kind of tired of choppy villa mc 30min playtime before half framerate and shutdown or bluescreen.

what you need

a screwdriver,

scissors,

aluminum or copper AIR ducting tape with a high grade thermal adhesive.

toothpicks,

qtips,

rubbing alcohol 50% is ok

This is a Dell Latitude E6540 my canvas... 3,014 passmark STARTing line

71DvbxGoE1L._SL1500_.jpg

After tearing her apart, because she ran at 95c to 115c OMG,

Now all you need is good thermal paste I use kryonaut thermal grizzly. 12.7watt per mm vs 1.5-3watt per mm

For-Dell-E6540-Laptop-motherboard-LA-9411P-Main-board-with-Video-card-100-Tested-Free-Shipping.jpg

Now make little heat spreaders for main heat source outputs, because they get heat washed out... by GPU/RAM and CPU

LAP the heatsink surfaces make them flat and smooth to help with die to heatsink seating. spread thin layers on both CPU/GPU/RAM chip surfaces and heatsink.

you also want to find washers for your spring tension screws to help in keeping consistent pressure.

IMG_20181107_084442.jpg

Put heat spreaders on your ram

IMG_20181107_084507.jpg

now if you do all the mods, you will see a awesome sauce response...

take a look.

latitudee6540switzer13.jpg

• Re: NITRO Laptop Overclockers Guide...
          bryannitro

as of last night,

I outperformed NVIDIA

my friends laptops

ASUS X502-CA I7 6th gen

Nvidia GTX 960m,

I have higher FPS and I didn't have to stop playing he had to stop playing and turn pubg,fortnite,ring of Elysium off multiple times till it cooled down.

60FPS butter town...

elstaci

Sounds like one method of maintaining a cooler laptop.

BUT:

1) This would most likely Void any Warranty your laptop is under. So the User would need to wait until the Warranty period expires before modifying the laptop

2) Most Laptop Users are not as Tech Savvy as you are to be able to disassemble a laptop, modify it, and then reassemble it back again. Plus if they reassembled it back and the laptop has problems that it didn't have before, it might end up damaging the hardware in the laptop.

3) Generally, laptops are much more difficult to disassemble and reassemble due to everything being in a very tight space. So the User has a higher risk of damaging the laptop to modify it.

4) If the User's Laptop was not under Warranty and has major heating problems, then trying to modify it to run cooler may be something to do if everything else fails.

You modifications seems to be a good solution for a hot running laptop if others can verify that it works.

bryannitro

1:) I was playing online pubg and this person with a brand new Alienware laptop was experience issues and problems even a total bluescreen.

you can use there warranty

get some refurbished collage kids table top laptop thrown down some stairs and left outside, but they passed it threw a refurbish sequence though. umm you decide.

2:) Size and difficulty matter not only what you limit yourself of doing.

3:) Yes, there is a risk, you have to make sure all the pieces are properly seated, and shaped, I used flashlight to make sure everything was free from shorting, yeah some air flow zones are really small, TAKE YOUR TIME,

4:) not really needed..

I'm sorry I can be mean, I don't mean to but I have to in order to get my point across once you do the mods mark your paste day and check it every 2 years boom 10 - 20 - 30 - 40 - 50 years worth of use.

but eventually your power cord will go bad. that sucks, but hey got to have some part needed to be replaceable.

bryannitro

I have an old Epson laptop with windows 95 and the only thing that isn't working was the battery which I resurrected because it was nimh using tricks.

old black and white screen apple Macintosh.

all perfect working order.