cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

lmancino
Adept III

amd wx 7100 10 bit dpc & premiere pro cc 2018

I am not able to play any video in preview of timeline or source in Premiere Pro CC 2018 when i set 10 bit DPC in Radeon PRO  Driver Preferences (Advanced option panel). I obtain only audio (Of course if the audio track is present).

I view the video only if i set in Premiere project preferences, General Panel, Rendering Option only software, no GPU acceleration.

The behavior is the same with all codecs, even if the video has been rendered with a codec 10 bit capable (for example DNX HQX).

All other option in Radeon Pro Driver are factory default.

• AMD WX 7100
  • Desktop
  • Windows 10 64 bit
  • Radeon Pro 18.Q3.1
  • Monitor ASUS PA249Q on display port
  • Motherboard ASUS Prime X370-PRO
  • Bios 4024
  • CPU Ryzen 1700
  • Power Supply Enermax Platimax 750 Watt
  • RAM 32 GB (2x16)
0 Likes
48 Replies

Do you have the latest version Premier Pro installed from April. New features summary for the July and April 2018 releases of Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

Do you have the latest Version of Windows 10 (1809)?

I ask because from the AMD Download Page it has a BETA Driver download for the October 2018 Windows Version: Radeon Pro Software Adrenalin Edition Beta for Windows October 2018 Update Release Notes | AMD

0 Likes

Premiere is up to date (12.1.2 Build 69)

Windows is 18.03 and the 18.09 is not available in Windows Update still now. I will try to force the update so I can install the beta version of RADEON PRO SW.

Do you have notice that this beta version will resolve the problem?

0 Likes

I would wait until the official Windows update is available. As you know, the current version might delete a large amount of data from your computer if you install it as is.

I have no idea if the BETA will resolve your issue. I just noticed it on the AMD Download page at the bottom. Your GPU card does support 10 bit as per AMD:

It is possible that fsadough​ who is one of the Forums experts on Professional GPU cards might be able to have some knowledge about your issue.

0 Likes

I use 10 bit depth color in Photoshop with just some minor problem in the interface of the program (graphic bug issue Radeon Pro wx7100 ), and photos are correctly displayed. I bought this card for this need. Moreover the problem with the interface of Adobe suite ha been introduced by Radeon pro driver in 2018 (I don't remember if it was Q1 or Q2 version) while the problem with video playing in Premiere exists since the first version of driver.

0 Likes

fixed in next driver release

fsadough

I have created an internal ticket for our developers. Please stand by.

EURI-447

0 Likes

OK Thanks.

The 15th of October I opened a ticket with CUST SUPPORT.

0 Likes

Driver 18.Q4 does not resolve this issue and moreover now, with this driver release, Premiere has the same problem of Photoshop

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

The workaround fix is implemented in 18.Q4.1 driver

fsadough

18.Q4.1 release date is planned for end of Nov 2018

The beta driver did non resolve this issue, any news about this problem? The other bug with 10 bit DPC (graphic bug issue Radeon Pro wx7100) is close to the solution, but for this I don't see any improvemment.

0 Likes

I need to repro the issue. Do you have a link to the video you tried?

0 Likes

I have this problem with any video imported in a Premiere project, setted in the timeline or previewed in the source panel. In any case I prepared a zip file with two video: one is the recording of a Canon 77d and the other is a rendering with Premiere.

I will pm the link to you

0 Likes

Sorry, I totally forgot. I believe I already mentioned to you that the issue with Premier Pro is fixed in 18.50 driver (19.Q1)

0 Likes

I published an update to the results with driver 18.q4.1.

0 Likes

I see you changed to Premier Pro CC 2019, correct?

0 Likes

Yes, but the switch from 2018 to 2019 didn't produce any new behavior (With beta driver you sent me).

With the 18.q4.1 driver there is this new situation as showed in the post.

0 Likes

I need to investigate the problem with 2019 version

0 Likes

The fix should be in 19.Q1 (18.50 based driver) for both versions

I installed 19.Q1 today with a cleanup in safe mode but in the advanced panel i cannot found the 10 bit option as showed

pastedImage_1.png

I tried to activate RADEON PRO IMAGE BOOST but the result was the same.

Of course i verified with Photoshop and the usual ramp.psd file the color deepth but it was at 8 bit.

What's wrong ?

0 Likes

Will double check

0 Likes

In the screen panel my monitor is recognized as 10 bit capable

pastedImage_4.png
0 Likes

Please PM me your email address

0 Likes

Ok, I sent

0 Likes

I installed beta driver without problems (after the usual cleanup in safe mode) with these results

- the 10 bit check box in advanced panel is now in its regular place

- 10 bit DPC is ok (I verified in Photoshop with ramp.psd file)

- video in Premiere are played (with 10 bit on) but colors are corrupted

in summary it is like driver 18.Q4.1, same skin tone of Mistique in X-men movie without VFX need,  :-)

pastedImage_1.png

p.s. the installiation of driver 19.q1 and this beta erase the ICM profile i created with x-rite software and i1display pro device. I never experienced this problem before.

0 Likes

fsadough

I installed driver 19.Q1.1 and the 10 bit check box is in its regular place but colors continues to be corrupted when 10 bit is on

10 bit GPU on.jpg

I changed the footage of the example to show that the problem does not depend by video. Of course if i disable GPU acceleration in the project preferences panel

Imp.jpg

the problem disappear and colors are regular

10 bit GPU off.jpg

0 Likes

Strange, this was tested by our QA and no color corruption. Did you do a clean uninstall of the previous driver? I will try to repro.

0 Likes

I did a cleanup (64 bit version) in safe mode after the unplug of the system from the network (i detached phisically the rj45) to avoid any unwanted installation by Windows Update at the reboot in normal mode. I re-plugged the network after the complete installation of the driver and the reboot.

I used the cleanup utility contained in 19.q.1.1 driver to be sure to use latest version. If you want this evening  I can submit the results of the panel driver with version of the components or I can do a run of DDU uninstaller.

0 Likes

No worries, I filed an internal ticket and waiting for the outcome.

0 Likes

Issue has been successfully reproduced on a WX7100. We do not see the problem on vega-based GPUs. Stand by.

0 Likes

OK many thanks

0 Likes

Can you confirm that the washed-out colors are only on the video and not on the application itself, even if you move the application window?

0 Likes

Yes, as showed the corruption is only in the two preview monitors. The windows interface of Premiere is perfect in any situation.

Meanwhile i wait for the publication of the driver with solution for Polaris based Radeon Pro I changed my monitor with a Benq SW271 (4K UHD 10 bit) connected  with DP 1.4 (I use a Purelink cable PI5010-020 certified for 8K at 60hz or 4K at 120hz with a maximum band of 32.4 Gbps)  and I'm not able to obtain 10 bit at 60 hz and 4.4.4 color space. I can obtain 10 bit only at 30 hz (not 50 or 59) or reducing color space at 4.2.2. In other case DPC is forced to 8 bit.

Of course this thread must be closed with the final solution to the initial issue, when available, so other user can found  clear information without confusion. Should i open a new thread or post inside other thread close to my problem (i.e. How do you get the WX 5100 to use 10-bit? ) even if I have WX 7100?

Thanks for your help.

fsadough

Please PM me your email address for a Beta driver

0 Likes

I sent a message with my email

0 Likes
lmancino
Adept III

Step executed with beta driver:

- verified window update and installed all pending (I have Window 18.03 - April update)

- executed Amdcleanup (of course 64 bit) ed reboot in safe mode as requested

- reboot with option DISABLE DRIVER SIGNATURE

- disabled Real Time Protection (Not required but usefull in many case)

- executed Beta Driver

the installation aborted with error 1603. In the register i found this result

- Video Driver OK

- HDMI Driver OK

- AMD Radeon Pro Control Center ERROR.

So I have installed 18.q4 driver and without cleanup I installed BETA Driver selecting only

- VIDEO Driver

- HDMI Driver

In this case the intallation ends normally.

Beta driver, installed as indicated above, resolved the problem of broken interface introduced with 18.q4, but in 10 bit mode I cannot play video in the timeline or in the source of Premiere pro. As described in the first post, if  I disable GPU in Premiere or if I set 8 bit DPC the video is normally showed.

0 Likes
lmancino
Adept III

Today I installed driver 18.q4.1 with this results

- windows interface of  the program is ok

- videos now are showed in the source preview or timeline preview but...

- colors are corrupted in both windows while are correct in the little monitor of color correction panel (In the right corner) as described by the following screenshot

Of course colors returns normal if I disable GPU acceleration in the project preferences

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
fsadough

The issue is being investigated

0 Likes