0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2018 12:12 AM by symbiosis

Error 1603 with 18./5.1,6.1,7.1 amongst others Continually

symbiosis

I have tried to reinstall my graphics driver to an earlier(after I foolishly thought the optional update might work) version. The problem is that I continually get the 1603 error, no matter which graphics software driver package I install. I have tried numerous suggestions to help and aid the software installation, all to no avail. I thought of going to 18.6.1, because I rolled back to it last time (and even though it doesn't say it's the steady driver on the download site, it installed) though like the others it comes up with the error. I have tried what AMD said. Also, done what others have said and cleaned out my registry keys etc with an app like Revo undo. I have also tried disconnecting my internet (at various times - to see what effect that had on the installation), that came up with a 'general package error'. I have put a ticket in, but as anyone knows, that could take several days to get answered then fixed, so in the meantime you tend to look for other solutions, So hopefully I might be able to get one.