2 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2014 5:00 AM by sunnybubblegum

Metro: Last Light freezes system maybe because of fog effect

chembro

I'm using Arch Linux 64bit and the 14.3 beta driver. I had problems before with older non-beta drivers with a fog effect for example in the/before the startmenu. With the older drivers, the game slowed down and almost freezed up, but I was able to skip this part and it was okay. Now with the 14.3 beta driver, my pc just freezes sometimes in the pre startmenu scene. And because I don't see the fog effect, I think, that it is the fog effect, that freezes my system. It appears at random between scenes and in this pre-startmenu scene.

• Re: Metro: Last Light freezes system maybe because of fog effect
          chembro

Well, maybe Catalyst 14.4 RC fixed the fog effect, if this was really the cause. Either way, I was able to see the fog effect with 14.4 RC without stuttering and freeze. My PC did freeze, though, but I just don't know atm, what is doing it. It's all happening in the "press any key-menu" or shortly after I press any key or click with the mouse.

• Re: Metro: Last Light freezes system maybe because of fog effect
            sunnybubblegum

I also have this problem; Metro: Last Light freezes within the first minute of starting it up. Actually, it outright shuts down my computer without warning.

Somewhat similarly, while exporting video on Windows 7 in Adobe Premiere (at 1080p for YouTube), my computer also shuts down.

System specifications:

Ubuntu 12.04.4, 64-bit

Unity Desktop Environment (vanilla)

Asus M4A78LT-M LE Motherboard

Asus BIOS Version 0803

AMD Athlon II X4 645, 3.10 GHz

8GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6790

Catalyst Control Center Version 2.20

ATI/AMD Proprietary FGLRX Graphics Driver (**Experimental** Beta)