cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Mounting a 120mm fan into the 5.25" bay of older cases

A recent post in an Facebook AMD Ryzen Enthusiast Group was asking how to go about mounting a 120mm fan into the front bay of an older case.  When I built my Lian-Li-X3D computer back in July 2023 (just a few months ago), I used Modders Mesh to accomplish the mounting.  The front panel holds the mesh in place, and the fan is screwed onto the mesh.  But there are actual mounts that you can buy for a more sturdy mounting.  Has anyone used one of the pre-fabricated 120mm fan mounts for the front of their older case?

Bending the Modders Mesh to fit the front bay, after I have the 120mm RGB fan mounted to it.Bending the Modders Mesh to fit the front bay, after I have the 120mm RGB fan mounted to it.

I like how my mod turned out, and better yet, it didn't cost me anything since I had an old piece of Modders Mesh laying around.I like how my mod turned out, and better yet, it didn't cost me anything since I had an old piece of Modders Mesh laying around.

This looks like a very good solution and it's also cheap.  Maybe I should buy one?This looks like a very good solution and it's also cheap. Maybe I should buy one?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
2 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I ordered one of those fan mounts.  I'm not sure when it will arrive, and if I will use it right away (I do have a few older cases from builds in the early 2000's), but I want to see it, smell it, and most of all - taste it.  That's how modders roll.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

My adapter arrived today.  It looks very nice.  I’m not sure when I will use it though.

IMG_6965.jpeg

0 Likes