Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hydropower

Sam_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager
8 5 2,774

As another example of a Blog, I’ve picked “Hydropower” by @retroPCmods (I hope you don’t mind) from the ROTM entries in our community. From the hardware to the theme, and the fact that all of the water valves are functional, well it stands out! And being retro kinda goes with my age LOL!

Here is the description of the mod (which is also in the “Article Teaser” section):

The idea for this mod was to create a scratch-built chassis that would showcase the water cooling components in a retro/industrial hydro-electric theme.

I love building mods that have a retro, industrial, semi-steampunk feel to them. Within this design style, I wanted the theme for this mod to center around water and electricity, while showcasing the water cooling components. I set out to make something that would not look like a computer, but rather some type of lab equipment that would be right at home in a post-apocalyptic underground laboratory.

All of the water valves on the mod are functional. On the PC, the left valve turns by turning it, and the rest of the valves on the PC and the monitor stand control different aspects of the lighting as you turn them.” 

And here are the pictures:

Front View - Note the Water ValvesFront View - Note the Water Valves

Back view - Great cable managementBack view - Great cable management

Custom Monitor StandCustom Monitor Stand

Vintage meter and "leds"Vintage meter and "leds"

AMD 06.jpg

Lastly, here are the specs:

Scratch-Built PC Chassis, Monitor Stand, and Custom Aluminum Gaming Board with Keyboard/ControlPad + Mouse.

CPU: Intel i7 9700

Motherboard: ASUS TUF B360M-PLUS Gaming S

Memory: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury [8GB x 4]

Storage: 500GB Viper M.2 NVMe + 1TB Viper M.2 NVMe

GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal 12GB

Power Supply: Fractal Design Ion+ Platinum 860W

Water Cooling: EKWB - Pump/Reservoir, Radiator, Water Blocks, Flow Indicator, Fittings, ZMT Soft Tubing

Fans: Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 V2 RGB PWM

I wonder how long it took to build it, and whether @retroPCmods  plays any games on it…

5 Comments
About the Author
Snr. Manager. Digital Marketing and Community Development.