cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

leeway
Journeyman III

Wraith Prism missing cable! (NEW 2700X from big tech store)

Hello everyone. I have a little problem, AMD didnt found it serious enough to go under warranty (Thats what store said after 3 weeks of waiting for response) so coming to You to ask.

My new Ryzen 2700X comed to me with... 2x 4pin RGB cable instead of standard 1x 4pin RGB and 1x 3pin USB connector. So I dont have control over lights on Wraith Prism. I can "kind of" customize it thru MSI Mystic Light but Im not happy with this option and I dont find it "working properly".

My main question is... What is the full name of this 3 pin cable and where I can find it to buy ? Im searching 2 days already and nothing!

Screenshots what exactly cable Im missing in attachements

Please help

PS: The store also offered to take this 2700X from me and give back money or 30$ voucher for buying new cooling system if I want. Im waiting with emailing them back right now.

0 Likes
6 Replies
shinkojiro
Miniboss

The first thing youre supposed to do is return it to the store you bought it from for a replacement...

0 Likes

I don’t have that possibility. I can only return it and buy new one for the $ they will give me back. (I bought this 2700X on promotion, 100$ lower than current price)

If i choose the option with returning it, i’ll probably go for a 3700X because of actual price point. 

0 Likes

Dont think you can buy any of those seperately anywhere as it was only made for that cooler. you could buy a used Wraith Prism off of someone, but it isnt exactly cheap and its probably much more expensive than just buying a new cooler with that voucher the store gave.

0 Likes

I can grab used/new for 20-25$ on some auction or buy SilentiumPC AIO cooling Navis RGB 240 for 50$ (Because of the discount they giving as „refund”)

0 Likes

I'd go with that 240 AIO if given a choice between it and a new wraith cooler. 

Still have the wraith cooler for my 3900x but opted not to use it as it performed worse than my trusty old Hyper 212 Turbo.

Ended up using a cheap ID Cooling 360 AIO for it to keep the temps down below 80 when PBO was enabled as it was getting too hot where a live.

Plus with that 240 AIO, the 2700x will maintain boost clocks longer compared to the wraith prism and you could probably do some light OC with it as well if you wanted to.

0 Likes
Mohammed1
Journeyman III

Hey, how are you doing?
I have run into same problem. Did you manage to find the cable?

0 Likes