cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

AmdLenovoissue
Journeyman III

Widespread AMD Keyboard issue

Hello. For the past few days now, me along with 13 other people I’ve met on different chats and forums have an issue where our Keyboards Randomly Stop Working 

We are all on Legion 5Pro 16ARX8, and our keyboard randomly stops working and gets fixed after a restart/shutdown. Then breaks again a few mins/hrs later..

ALL of us are running an AMD CPU. It seems to be an Amd-only problem. What do I do? Thank you

0 Likes
6 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I would firstly update the drivers and firmware for your specific laptop, then contact the vendor, Lenovo.

i would also check the device manager to see what happens to the driver, if it get disabled or no device connected.

Good luck

The Englishman
0 Likes

Hey there johnnyenglish

everything is up to date. When the keyboard stops working, the realtek bluetooth adapter as well as generic usb hub port 1 hub 3 stops working. This issue seems to happen to lots of people and they are ALL on AMD CPUs. Any idea? Thanks

0 Likes

That doesn't look good at all, do you still have warranty on that?

Have you tried reseting windows or even reinstall it?

Good Luck

The Englishman
0 Likes

I do have warranty yes, but many have replaced their motherboard and keyboard and still had the issue, so I’m hesistant.

I have tried factory resetting and the issue occurred as well. It’s very odd that it only happens on AMD Lenovo Legions and not the intel. Any idea

0 Likes
ed6698
Adept III

Contact manufacturer of the laptop.

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero - Ryzen 5950X - Noctua NH D15 Chromax Black - 4x8GB 32Gb GSkill DDR4 @3800 - Asus RTX 3070 TUF OC V2 - Samsung 980 Pro, 970 Evo Plus, Corsair Force GT - Super Flower 1000W Leadex SE Platinum
0 Likes

I have done that and they suggested a few fixes that did not work. Next is a repair but many people with this issue had their motherboard and keyboard replaced and still had the issue.

0 Likes