cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

claaro
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3400G build not display

Last month i broke my old 3400G pin, so i bought a brand new one 3400G and now i'm having no display, i wonder if there's any way to update BIOS when i have no display. I'm using ASUS TUF B450 PLUS GAMING

I've tried RAM

CMOS

Static Electricity

Should i remove the CPU? And clean it? Is it posible?

I think it must be something with the BIOS or maybe windows 10 or even the new 3400G one. It's strange it used to work with the old now broken one.

No display for full, the TUF or open BIOS screen doesn't display either.

Please someone who can provide any suggestions.

0 Likes
3 Replies
FunkZ
Paragon

If you had a 3400G and it was working fine, how did you break the pin? If you broke the pin off in the socket, did you remove the broken piece from the socket? If you're replacing a 3400G with another 3400G why do you think the problem is something with BIOS or Windows? Maybe you should detail exactly what happened because what you state, replacing one CPU with an identical CPU, should work but it doesn't?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

It was starting to have overheat problems and i decided to change the thermal paste and it went all out with the series cpu fan. One hour later of trying to pull apart the proccesor I threw the towel and try reconnect it back with the fan stick to it. Which was much more hard due to my socket characteristicts and it ended up twisting 2 or 3 pins, after trying to straighten them back to their position they seemed that couldn't make contact. I intended to skip this part of the explanation.

I recognise my mistake and learned through this experience but the problem now is no display.

I thought it might be a BIOS problem maybe because even when it's the same model it's definitely not the same CPU and maybe the motherboard is having any problem to recognise it, outdated CPU or something like that, i discard the possibility that it can be windows now, i tried to remove the SSD and not even the black screen which ask for a boot device is displaying, just simply don't display nothing. It's like is working but give no signal that it's actually doing something.

Today I bought a Speaker, when it arrives i'll report the problem. thank you, hope you can follow my case. 

0 Likes
JuliaDiaz
Journeyman III

How things are going now?

I am waiting for your reply and till then I will visit https://ukwritings.com/personal-statement-help here because I need personal statement help and with the help of google I found that website where I found essay writer.
0 Likes