cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

towhid
Adept I

why is my 5600x overheat when nothing under process?

89' C temp89' C temp10% cpu use10% cpu use

0 Likes
1 Solution

I would open a MSI Warranty ticket to have your MSI MAG CORELIQUID checked. Many Users with MSI MAG CORELIQUIDS have been having overheating issues due to defective MSI AIO CPU Coolers.

Here is a MSI Recall that occurred earlier concerning your MSI model: https://www.msi.com/Landing/liquid-cooler-swap-application

Users can identify whether they have an affected products by looking up the product serial number here. We will provide a comprehensive product replacement (MAG CORELIQUID 240R V2 / 360R V2) service to all affected products that have abnormal heat dissipation ( Example: CPU temperature is higher than 60°C while idle and the cooler is properly seated with thermal paste applied between the CPU and cooler ). 

Not saying that all MSI MAG Liquidcooler are bad but several Users here at AMD Forums have had overheating issues using your MSI AIO CPU Cooler in the past.

It is possible you may have a partial blockage in your Radiator or tubing.

NOTE: One way to eliminate your AIO CPU Cooler is by temporarily installing a compatible TDP rated Air CPU Cooler and see if it overheats or not. If it doesn't then your MSI CPU Cooler is defective or you have it installed incorrectly.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

towhid, no information no clue. Please post all your parts including processor cooling. Also please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) Advanced View. Thanks and Enjoy, John.

rm5.png

0 Likes

processor cooler: msi mag core liquid 240r

i bought the processor on 12feb, 2021...

ram: 32 gb (corsiar 2 stick of 16gb)

mobo: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi AM4 AMD ATX Motherboard

0 Likes

Thanks, towhid. Your processor is not very busy but the temperature is 78C.  Have you checked the things that the other posters have pointed out? I suspect something is wrong with your processor cooling. Make sure your pump and fans are all turning properly. What is your room temperature? Thanks, John.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Do your troubleshooting and post back more information, start checking CPU fans if they are spinning, if its an AIO check tubing, the one coming out of the CPU to the radiator should be hotter and look for pump noise.

Check if the CPU block is well seated too.

If you did the install and used and aftermarket fan cooler, did you took the peel off the block?

Do a CMOS clear to clear out settings.

Good luck 

The Englishman

i have a msi aio cooler...The pump is doing great, I guess. One of the tubes is hot, but my fan isn'tblowing hot air, and the heatsink isn't getting hot.

0 Likes

I would open a MSI Warranty ticket to have your MSI MAG CORELIQUID checked. Many Users with MSI MAG CORELIQUIDS have been having overheating issues due to defective MSI AIO CPU Coolers.

Here is a MSI Recall that occurred earlier concerning your MSI model: https://www.msi.com/Landing/liquid-cooler-swap-application

Users can identify whether they have an affected products by looking up the product serial number here. We will provide a comprehensive product replacement (MAG CORELIQUID 240R V2 / 360R V2) service to all affected products that have abnormal heat dissipation ( Example: CPU temperature is higher than 60°C while idle and the cooler is properly seated with thermal paste applied between the CPU and cooler ). 

Not saying that all MSI MAG Liquidcooler are bad but several Users here at AMD Forums have had overheating issues using your MSI AIO CPU Cooler in the past.

It is possible you may have a partial blockage in your Radiator or tubing.

NOTE: One way to eliminate your AIO CPU Cooler is by temporarily installing a compatible TDP rated Air CPU Cooler and see if it overheats or not. If it doesn't then your MSI CPU Cooler is defective or you have it installed incorrectly.

Awol
Challenger

Do the CPU block idiot check, has the plastic cover been removed prior to install. You'd be surprised how often it gets missed.

Angeluk
Challenger

Your CPU does not really need dual fan water cooling I have 7900X and i run it with a budget dual fan cooler costing me 30$. I have it undervolted at 1.065 volts and 5.1ghz, it does not exceed 50 degrees while gaming, 35-40 idling, and 75 degrees under 100% workload (for unlimited time)

0 Likes