Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

BiggieCheese
Journeyman III

upgrading from a 2700x to a 5800x

Im switching motherboards and ram as well to a B550 and 32gb of ram,

i want to keep the same SSD im using, just wondering if i plug it in and update the drivers for my CPU if it will work as i dont want to have to get another SSD

0 Likes
1 Solution

first thing you need to do is post your new Make & Model of your Motherboard, RAM Part Number, and Motherboard current BIOS version installed to determine what you will need to upgrade to the new Ryzen 5800X.

By posting your Motherboard and BIOS version I can check to see if your new processor will work out of the box or you will need to update your Motherboard BIOS to a newer version that will support your new processor.

The RAM Part Number I can check to see if it is listed on your Motherboard's QVL LIST FOR RAM for the 5000 series processor or on the RAM's manufacturer website.

The Ryzen 5800X has no Integrated Graphics so there are no Drivers to install.

You won't need to replace your SSD as long as it is compatible with your new Motherboard. You might need to do a clean Windows Installation if you have issues of Windows recognizing your new processor or Motherboard correctly.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply

first thing you need to do is post your new Make & Model of your Motherboard, RAM Part Number, and Motherboard current BIOS version installed to determine what you will need to upgrade to the new Ryzen 5800X.

By posting your Motherboard and BIOS version I can check to see if your new processor will work out of the box or you will need to update your Motherboard BIOS to a newer version that will support your new processor.

The RAM Part Number I can check to see if it is listed on your Motherboard's QVL LIST FOR RAM for the 5000 series processor or on the RAM's manufacturer website.

The Ryzen 5800X has no Integrated Graphics so there are no Drivers to install.

You won't need to replace your SSD as long as it is compatible with your new Motherboard. You might need to do a clean Windows Installation if you have issues of Windows recognizing your new processor or Motherboard correctly.

0 Likes