cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Gilsa
Journeyman III

Whea Uncorrectable error probably caused by the ryzen 7 5800x

Recently my computer as been crashing quite often while playing games. Checking the event viewer and analyzing the minidumps created, its always the same problem, 0x124_0_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR__UNKNOWN_IMAGE_AuthenticAMD.sys. As of now here is everything ive tried so far:

Updated the chipset drivers to the most recent version.

Updated the bios to the most recent version.

Reset the bios settings to default.

Lowered my ram to a more stable speed, Ive got 3600mhz and its currently at 3200, also disabled xmp.

Disabled precision boost overdrive on the bios.

Ive run a stress test on both the cpu, ram and gpu, and all goes fine.

It seems the pc only crashes when playing games, but its different for every game. CS2 and palworld crash after 5 minutes or so, FFXIV im able to play for hours until it crashes, and league of legends seems to not crash it at all.

PC SPECS: 

Motherboard - MSI MPG B550 gaming plus

GPU - RX 6750xt

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x

Ram - GSkill Ripjaws 3600

PSU - MSI MAG A750GL

If any more info is needed Ill give it.

Link for the minidumps: https://www.mediafire.com/file/3n2l1msuzxq3vta/Minidump.rar/file

0 Likes
2 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

Gilsa, I hope you DLed all AMD drivers from here. The dumps all reflect a Stop Code of x'124 error. Please do a scan of your C: drive and let us know if it finds any errors. Where did you get the information: "0x124_0_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR__UNKNOWN_IMAGE_AuthenticAMD.sys"? Did you do a Clear CMOS? Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hey jonh thanks for the answer. Yes every driver I downloaded and installed was from that website. Ive done multiple scans in my drivers and none of them showed any errors. I got that line by analyzing the dumps using Windbg, I was not to sure what to look at in the dumps, but that part seemed relevant. As of right now Ive managed to get the pc stable again with no more crashes, by disabling the pbo on the bios. Its not a perfect solution but at least the pc is not crashing anymore.