cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Babushka5568
Journeyman III

Laptop frequency stuck at 0.39Ghz while gaming

Hi. I have been facing this issue for months now.  while I play any games after a while the CPU clocks down to 0.39 GHz staying there for a while and bottlenecking the GPU as well causing massive FPS drops in any games. this may sound like a thermal throttling problem but after checking the temperatures and HWINFO there was no sign of thermal throttling WHEN the laptop went to 0.399 Ghz the actual throttling did not clock it down to that low but only 1.6 GHz which also is unrelated to the issue. I did update the latest May 10 BIOS update and the problem seems not to be resolving at all now. I have tried a clean reinstall of windows 11 and switching to Windows 10. but nothing seems to work. I have tried updating all the Display drivers as well. all the components still passed the HP hardware test and as for some more peculiarities with the issue.

• It only happens when playing a game. thats it. 
  • no matter under how load the CPU/GPU is in other applications the drop only happens while playing games. 
  • the temperatures are extremely random and so is the Utilisation. as for some games like Valorant which are easier to run and only allocate 25% of my GPU and 20% of my CPU and also for games like Forza Horizon 5 which allocate all my resources. the drop still as frequent in either games
  • putting the CPU or GPU under load does not effect the system at all. 

My Specs are Mentioned Below: 

• AMD Ryzen 5 4600H
  • NVIDIA GTX 1650 TI (DGPU)
  • AMD Radeon Vega 6.
  • 8 GB DDR4 3200 MHz Ram

before this, i thought it was only when the DPGU was under load but then I realized it is not about the DGPU nor about the load it only happens on the games I play (Forza Horizon 5, Grand Theft Auto V, Valorant). and it does occur with the iGPU as well. 

Please let me know if any further clarification is needed. 

Thanks. 

0 Likes
0 Replies