Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

fyrel
Miniboss
Miniboss

Re: WHEA Logger Event ID 18

Setting look correct.

It should blue screen and then stay on the bluescreen until you press the power button.

0 Kudos
avigyan
Adept I
Adept I

But that is the catch, i did not get any BSOD and i did not press the power button.

It automatically stopped and automatically started without any intervention.

I was trying to run GTA V Benchmark when this restart happened and event viewer says the same WHEA logger with Event ID 18.

May be i am doing something wrong.

0 Kudos
fyrel
Miniboss
Miniboss

Non blue screen restarts are usually heat or power related.

0 Kudos
accn
Elite
Elite

Yes, this is usually the case, but the rx5700 is an exception. Me and hundreds of other people in other threads, monitored temperatures, checked memory for errors, changed power supplies over and over again to no avail. Temperatures are ok, memory is ok, new expensive PSU's, everything is useless. PC is unstable without a clear reason (for me the reason is clear, it is navi gpu's) A couple of days ago I upgraded to insider build 20H2 and the whea-logger errors seem to be gone. But everything else is in place, including freezes, black screens, and so on. The only thing is that they seem to be happening less often, but I'm not sure yet.

0 Kudos
avigyan
Adept I
Adept I

I too did not face any problem when i had a GTX 970.

Then i got this ASUS RX 5700XT and not a single day has passed without these Black screen, Freezes and what not.

But i have played few old games released before 2015 like Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Crysis 3 and i did not face any issue with them.

I do not know what is wrong with the GPU

0 Kudos
accn
Elite
Elite

What is your gpu model? If not a reference, you can try your luck by updating vbios from the asus website. This helped some reddit users get a stable system.

0 Kudos
brownan
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I am also having this issue however I have a 3700X and an nVidia RTX 2070 super GPU. Although mine does not occur very often. It happened 5 days ago and then again today with the same error OP listed in event viewer albeit mine had different APIC ID's

EDIT: Turns out for me it was a bad BIOS update. I downgraded to the last BIOS that I knew for sure was stable and the issue stopped.

0 Kudos
avigyan
Adept I
Adept I

This is ASUS TUF 5700XT..I have updated the VBIOS every time they released a new one on their website.

Nothing changed till now.

0 Kudos
sniperzee
Adept II
Adept II

accn wrote:

I met several threads on reddit with the same error. Most users had rx5700 or 5700xt. This issue cannot be memory related. I have tested my memory many times in stock, xmp and overclocking and all tests show 0 errors. Regardless, I bought new RAM on micron e-die, and crashes happen with the same frequency. 

I understand your point. Anyways, I have finally changed my GPU to RTX 2070 and will test it and see how it goes. Will keep all of you posted.

0 Kudos
sniperzee
Adept II
Adept II

Hi,

I just changed my GPU to RTX 2070 Super. I will see how it goes and keep you guys posted.

0 Kudos