cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

walguin
Journeyman III

What comes in the threadripper processor box? I ask because I have seen in all sale sites that says "no solution" in de thermal solution item, but in same unboxing I saw that he brings with fan cooler and ram memory. I sen a pair of links about that http

0 Likes
4 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

walguin, what you are watching is unboxing of a free system provided to reviewers at announcement time.  I have bought and received two Threadrippers (1950X and 2990WX).  Each box had ONLY one processor module and nothing else except enough space to send me a small car.   Sorry, no freebies for us regular paying customers.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Regular paying customers??

TR4 is double the price and half the contents (fan) of any Ryzen7 combo

Nope, more like premium paying customers that is!

0 Likes

From AMD showing which AMD CPUs comes bundled with a CPU Cooler: Processor Cooling Thermal Solutions | CPU Coolers | AMD 

0 Likes

Threadripper products do not ship with a cooler due to their high TDPs which require either the CoolerMaster Wraith Ripper air cooler, or a 240mm or 360mm liquid cooler. As both of those are quite expensive, AMD lets users choose their own instead of adding a fixed price to each unit, especially considering some users may already own a $100+ liquid cooler, and some enthusiasts may desire to setup a custom liquid cooling loop. Intel does the same thing with Skylake-X, their competitor to Threadripper.