cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

elstaci
MVP

Re: Virtualization BSOD

Since this concerns a Server Environment even though it is a class, Try posting at AMD Server Gurus . The AMD Forum concerns Servers software and hardware. I imagine someone there can instruct you or at least direct you on how to create a VM in a Server using Ryzen. 

I directed you that particular AMD Forum since you are using a Server Windows software.

0 Likes
misterj
Exemplar

Dunx,  I am willing to try to help you, but need a lot more information.  Please do a winver in a Run dialog or a Command prompt on host and post the results.  Please start by opening your own thread with an appropriate tittle. Is the BSOD occurring in the host or the VM?  I am really curious why you are not running Hyper-V.  I have never installed a server Windows but have used Hyper-V extensively and it works great.  No need to do anything really except to enable SVM (Secure Virtual Machine) in the BIOS.  Hyper-V needs enabling in Control Panel.  Don't need to mess with all that other stuff.  Looking forward to seeing your thread here.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

This VMWare website concerning the Server software you are using may be of benefit in correctly setting up VM on your Server computer: Install Desktop Experience on Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, or 2016.

In the above link it linked to this page on setting up various VM: Creating a Virtual Machine for Cloning and Creating and Preparing a Virtual Machine for Cloning  

0 Likes
samet
Adept I

In some antivirus softwares, there is virtualisation fonctionnality. disable it and it should work. I searched for hours searching to fix it, I had SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bsod, checked everything in bios, did a lot of tricks. I uninstalled Avast and it worked, but you can also disable virtualisation in avast. Also disable completely HYPER-V fonctionnality by going to Add Remove Programs the Add Remove Windows Functionnalities.

0 Likes