cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

coone4life
Adept I

Undervolt/Limiting 5800X3D for cooler temps

Is it poosible to undervolt/limit the 5800x3d ?

Intel Processors could be limited by max wattage consumption, but how to on a 5800x3d ? 

I want the CPU more cooler thats the reason why i want undervolting/limiting.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Angeluk
Challenger

I recommend undervolting for every CPU, as it is only beneficial! The CPU run cooler and performance is better. try different frequency clock speed at around 1.1 volts, then adjust clock speed and voltage to the best stable settings. test with cinebench.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

You have the perfect candidate for Curve Optimizer and/or offset undervolting.

The Englishman
0 Likes

First you should know that your cpu is made to run at 89c, some don't know it and they go by what we knew all along in the old cpu's the closer to 60c you kept it ,the better, but is not true in these new ones at least not for AMD.
And as jonnyenglish suggest, you should try the curve optimizer (that's controls PBO) and or offset undervolting.

Having said that you will need to do a little reading/research so you understand the basics of the curve optimizer, but then you will be set.
last solution your mobo should have some temp profiles under PBO settings, eco mode, 70, 80, and 90c, the temps you see on your mobo might be different since I have a 7900x and the limit is higher for these at 95c. But it's in there so give that a try meanwhile.
Hope that helps.

0 Likes
Angeluk
Challenger

First of all what are your current voltage and wattage?

0 Likes