Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Nagrenol
Challenger

Unable to revert changes made in Ryzen Master - 3900X

**HIVE BRAIN ASSEMBLE**

I use ryzen master to OC my 3900X, found that the manual change of clock speed to 4350 mhz and voltage of 1.28 got the best results and thats what I use while gaming etc.

When I'm not gaming during the day I revert it normally to 3900 / 1.0.

Now whenever I try to change it to back to 3900/1 the system crashes and reboots. Ryzen says it was an unstable setting!

The only change I made in the last week since this happened was updating the x570-e to the latest bios.

I rolled that back to the previous and tried but still occurs.

I've updated everything now, bios is back to latest / latest chipset installed /  gpu is on the latest and all windows updates sorted. 

Any ideas?

Open to suggestions and if you want anything specific to help TS let me know.

Also.. Confirming I have turned it off and on again

=====

GPU: Red Devil Limited Edition RX 6800 XT
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280
MB: Asus ROG Strix X570-E
MEM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200
PSU: Corsair HX Platinum 1000 W 80+ Platinum
CASE: Fractal Design Meshify S2
Mon2: DELL OMEN 27i 27" 1440p 165Hz
Mon1: MSI Optix MAG271C 27" 1080p 144Hz

0 Likes
2 Replies
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

Go into BIOS and under advanced settings or EZ mode there should be an option to reset to factory defaults.

This will reset all of your hardware custom clock setting to their designed base specs.

This will not delete any hardware or software updates though.

If Ryzen Master is reporting instability it is most likely a windows interference issue.

Suggest looking up a Registry Editor(windows home) or Group Policy Editor(windows pro) on how to block windows update form downloading updates for Ryzen Master.

Had to use the same process to block windows update from overwriting my AMD drivers with windows outdated drivers.

BTW nice build!

The option in windows 10 to stop it from updating system hardware and non Microsoft software does not work.

Only the GPE or Regedit works.  

No updates coming in from AMD via windows. Made sure to stop all that when I had the same gpu driver fun >.<

But will hold do the reset option and give it a try again