cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Olvidadizo
Journeyman III

System restarting WHEA-Logger ID 18 and critical error Kernel-Power

Hi everyone, i've been having a lot of crashes for the last months and i haven't found a solution. This suddenly starts to happen when I update my graphics card drivers(22.2.1) and i tried everything, i changed all components except my RX 580 cuz i think is my power supply but the problem continues.

I've tried to use my processor in another pc thinking it was the problem but it worked under stress more than a day in a row but when I install my graphics when opening a game or something demanding it restarts. I having this pc since more than 1 year and it worked fine until recently

My specs 
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor
GPU: XFX RX 580 8GB
Board: Asus Prime b450m-a
RAM: T.FORCE 16 GB(2x8) DDR4 3200MHz-C16

PSU: VGA 600W(+80 Plus)

Things that I've tried to stop the computer from crashing:

• Updated Windows/Updated any outdated drivers in Device Manager.
  • Reseated all hardware and dusted out computer case.
  • Updated BIOS.
  • Updated RX580 Drivers.

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor ID: 1

9 Replies
Olvidadizo
Journeyman III

The problem continues but now only when running games, I played Elden Ring for about 5 minutes and the problem occurred once again and I check the files left after each reboot, here they are. 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqEYDMH28fV2qwML1C0Q5Wa3N24s?e=c9KoA2

EXACT same thing is happening to me. I used the AMD Bug Report Tool, so we'll see what happens.

All temps are well within range, everything else works at all other times. Just randomly 5-45 mins into playing Roblox or Fortnite, the thing just restarts... many of the warnings or critical errors are related to wireless, but the event viewer is only logging things after the fact.  I never get to see what was happening the instant before shutdown. 

ryzen 7 5800X

radeon rx6600xt

asus tuf x570-pro

I suggest you both open a AMD Support-Warranty ticket and see if your processors need to be RMAed or not: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

There have been several WHEA-Logger threads opened. Many had bad processors.

Did anybody get any update on this, ive been trawling the internet reading various threads and trying hundreds of things relating to power settings in the BIOS. Im also running an R5 although its the 5600X and have been getting this issue on certain games for basically a year now.

0 Likes

Yep. I finally RMA'd the CPU after about 2 weeks of back and forth with tech support trying to narrow down the issue. 

Unfortunately... the CPU wasn't the issue.  Got the new one back and same issue.  

I took it to a shop and they put a new GPU (NVIDIA) in.  Worked like a champ. 

Now in the process of RMA for GPU. 

Fingers crossed this is just a lemon, and a new one will work...

blubean
Journeyman III

Hey did you ever solve this problem? I’m experiencing the same problem

0 Likes

Not yet. Looks like it's going to be awhile (1-2 months) to get my GPU back.  They received it 2 weeks ago but haven't even looked at it yet. I reckon they're busy. 

I kinda wish that I had seen this and tried it before sending off the card: Gaming PC Crashes at Random - LFC#217 - YouTube 

My memory checked out fine with memtest, but it's not on the authorized list at ASUS (my motherboard)...  maybe altering clock on memory will help us!  

0 Likes

OK! 

So I spoke WAY too soon. 

Tuesday I got an email saying they shipped my RMA. 2 days later and it's back in my rig.  So that's 2 weeks, 6 days.  

Pretty dang quick, but the first RMA email they sent said they'd keep me up to date via email/text.  So a bit of a comm blackout, but fast turnaround.  

End result = awesomeness

ARK Survival works great. It used to cause restart in less than 5 mins.  I'll post tomorrow about Fortnite, and running multiple apps at the same time.

Extremely pumped right now.  Was so discouraged once the rig was built and had these strange/difficult problems...

Thanks for the help AMD!

0 Likes

And that's that! 

Running edge, youtube, roblox, fortnite, and ARK all at the same time.  

No more issues.

I can't say how happy I am!

Just have to switch my m.2 SSD to GPT so I can use TPM and everything will be perfect.

Stay patient and work with tech support and RMA peeps and things should turn out fine.

Good luck all!

Ryzen 7 5800X, 3801MHz
MSI AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT MECH 2X 8G OCV1 
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) -- BIOS 4403beta
2x16Gb OLOY OWL DDR4 3600MHz PC4 28800
THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GX1RGB 500W
Windows 10 Build 19044

0 Likes