cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Esteemed Contributor III

Re: So annoyed and frustrated that I'm seriously thinking about just buying a 10900k

@colesdav wrote:

RE: Do you really think that anyone could have predicted and unprecedented demand on basically EVERYTHING, that Covid had introduced to the world?

Yes.

Well then you must have one millions on your Vegas bet, being the only genius that did. LOL

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: So annoyed and frustrated that I'm seriously thinking about just buying a 10900k

Maybe I should try gambling.

Happy New Year.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Acorn, once everyone started working from home last spring, the surplus or maybe the supply, was hit hard with all the demand of PC's for the home workers and school kids.

Couple that with factories working at reduced capacity it was a downward spiral. Now you have graphics cards requiring some remaining silicone, console games slated for launch, Apple having a time slot, etc.

You can bet they cannot build them fast enough right now. The whole bot situation is out of control for sure. I just had a topic regarding warranties and make note that a scalped CPU very likely won't have a warranty. 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

Silicon is what is used to make CPU and GPU. 

Silicone is used to make ... various things.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

@colesdav wrote:

Silicon is what is used to make CPU and GPU. 

Silicone is used to make ... various things.

Ha.....my bad, I paid no mind to the autofill on my phone.

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

I was only joking. 
Happy New Year.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Essentially $1000 on an $800 part.
From Romania.

No thanks.

0 Kudos