cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ardankyaosen
Miniboss

SCEP Certificate Enrollment Initialization Errors Are Back Again w/ Windows 11 22H2

Some months back, I switched from an Asus X570 motherboard to a Gigabyte B550 motherboard and the SCEP Certification Errors I'd been getting constantly went away.  Today, I updated to the latest Windows 11 version (22H2 - Build 22621.521), and they're back.  Once again, I'm getting Event 86 Errors:

Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-CertificateServicesClient-CertEnroll
Date: 9/21/2022 5:23:49 PM
Event ID: 86
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: SYSTEM
Description:
SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for Local system via https://AMD-KeyId-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f682f89c8.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep failed:

GetCACaps

Method: GET(0ms)
Stage: GetCACaps
The server name or address could not be resolved 0x80072ee7 (WinHttp: 12007 ERROR_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED)
Event Xml (could not include because your fine forum software won't allow it).

and

Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-CertificateServicesClient-CertEnroll
Date: 9/21/2022 5:23:49 PM
Event ID: 86
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: SYSTEM
Description:
SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for WORKGROUP\DAVESWIN11$ via https://AMD-KeyId-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f682f89c8.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep failed:

GetCACaps

Method: GET(16ms)
Stage: GetCACaps
The server name or address could not be resolved 0x80072ee7 (WinHttp: 12007 ERROR_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED)
Event Xml (ditto):

From what I've been able to find over the months (year?) that this has been happening without anyone from AMD or Microsoft giving a ...care, this is because the address of the AMD's certificate server is wrong in Windows.  For Pete's sake, fix this.  It's a security certificate, not a penny.

136 Replies

No, no such messages.

Event viewer shows the error mentioned in this thread twice on reboot. It has no negative impact on my rigs at all. As with any entries in Event Viewer I ignore them.

All are on Win 11 Pro 22H2. A mix of fTPM and TPM units.

Again, YMMV (in no way am I suggesting others are not having issues with their rigs). I'm saying that many have the SCEP errors and no issues with their rigs (as has been mentioned by others in this thread)

0 Likes

Hey Stanmore. 

The issue is related to fTPM 100% guaranteed. My B550-f does not have support for a TPM module, so my system needs to rely on the fTPM from the CPU.

Windows 11 is a no go for me, and I'm not alone in this, even if we are in the minority. 

0 Likes

These messages both ceased for me when I put discrete TPM's in, I can't tell if someone bodged up the website, or if MS has gone all out on older AMD CPU's or what the story is - no one is saying what is going on and its about time all this silence ended - the users who can't use their on CPU TPU's need to scream long, loud and hard and make as much noise as possible to get some answers. All I managed to get out of Microsoft support is the 2950x is no longer supported - no reason why it's just not.

They did right? God I wish a $20 add on to my mobo would solve this.

I actually went through and tested every single component, was afraid that my SSD somehow was nearing the end (I have the Samsung 980 pro 1TB) - but there's not a single faulty component even though I'm having hardware errors\criticals. Days of changing every single setting out there to no avail.

-> Tired of wasting time trying to make my windows 11 compatible AMD parts work on windows 11

-> Back to windows 10 - not a single BSOD or stutter since. I usually sell my systems every third year to get an upgrade. How am I supposed to do that with my current one, when I can't even set up a PC to run on the current gen OS? Very sus.

No longer supported? What a cop-out.

0 Likes
tanquen
Adept II

Can this issue courrupt files in Windows 11?

I have an AMD setup that had been fine for the last 2 years or so but a few months back I upgraded to Win11 on a work boot drive and a boot drive for gaming. Both are NVMe SSDs.

About a month ago I had a few large CD ISO files go bad and had to download them again. Then a few weeks ago a number of VM files went missing and others were corrupted 0 bytes. Out of 6 VMs only one showed up in VMware Workstation and had all the files but still would not boot. Luckily I'd just backed them up to the NAS.

I don't know if the RAM or CPU are having issues. I ran Prime95 for a few days with no errors.

I'd not looked at motherboard firmware for some time and sure enough there was one for the AMD fTPM issue. After installing it the system seems a little more responsive.

The second data loss and corruption was with the VMs files. On Friday I backed them all up and then when I went to use it again on Monday files where missing and others corrupt.

Over that weekend I did use the PC but I used the other boot drive for that. I've had it setup this way almost 3 years. The work boot SSD is not mounted in when using the gaming boot drive. I don't have any hacked apps just play games from Steam and Epic and so on.
But the VMs are on that game boot drive. About a month ago I upgraded from a 2TB SN850 to a 4TB SN850X. I've been using that Game boot drive from extra VM drive space with the 2TB and now the 4TB version.
It seems fine but the system seemed fine for the last 3 yeas.

Now I got two of the 1.8TB Samsung 990 Pro drives on sale. I removed the SN850 and SN850X SSDs. WD immediately offered to replace them both, but their site is all messed up at the moment. Just using the new 990 Pros. The SN850X is under the RTX4090. 

I'm running Win11 on the 2 new 990 Pro drives now. But today I got a Windows repair your drive message.

chkdsk had many errors in the Windows Event log has lots of Recovering orphaned file and Found corrupt basic file structure.

I also get the SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization Event message.

0 Likes

+1 for this. I'm so tired of windows 11 corrupting files on system ssd. I checked ram, I checked sata cables(2.5 ssd) and ports, I checked ssd reading and writing. Everything is as healthy as it gets. But I'm still getting those repair notifications. Running DISM seems like it helps a bit, because after those commands I usually have 1-2 weeks free of repairing messages. But it's still is really annoying. I'll try to investigate further into this lead. Oh boy how I hope that that's the problem...

0 Likes
minimaltech
Adept I

Hi. I have the same problem with SCEP for the last 6 months (approximately)... The problem was that when the PC was powered On, suddenly (even if i was in Desktop, without running any other program) it was giving me a blank black screen and restarted.

Yesterday, 06-May-2023, I made a BIOS update (I updated the BIOS to the latest version 10.01) and loaded UEFI defaults. I made also an SSD Secure Erase and a clean installation of Windows 11 Home 22H2 64-bit. I let Windows update to install the necessary drivers for the system, hoping that the optimal drivers/WHQL drivers for the system will be installed. I installed also basic apps in the PC, such as WinRAR, Firefox, Chrome, VLC, Avast free AV, no games or any sophisticated/heavy apps. All went fine this day. I also run a PassMark MemTest86 v10.4 Free for hours with the PASS as a result.

The next day (today, 07-May-2023) when I just browsing the internet, it made again a restart. When I logged-in Windows again, I opened the Event Viewer and I saw the same problem again (my Windows is in Greek Language, but I think you will understand):

Η προετοιμασία εγγραφής πιστοποιητικού SCEP για WORKGROUP\PC-RECEPTION$ μέσω 
https://AMD-KeyId-8a0578cf56146fea399af903fb5b0ac36eb2786a.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep απέτυχε:

GetCACaps
GetCACaps: Not Found
{"Message":"The authority \"amd-keyid-8a0578cf56146fea399af903fb5b0ac36eb2786a.microsoftaik.azure.net\" does not exist."}
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Date: Sun, 07 May 2023 17:01:40 GMT
Content-Length: 121
Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000;includeSubDomains
x-ms-request-id: c057795b-200b-4e3f-bac6-40edcab31ceb

Μέθοδος: GET(359ms)
Στάδιο: GetCACaps
Δεν βρέθηκε (404). 0x80190194 (-2145844844 HTTP_E_STATUS_NOT_FOUND)

My system configuration is:

ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 (Rev 4.02 with v10.01 BIOS)
AMD Ryzen 5 3400G
RAM 2 x 4GB DDR4 Corsair VENGEANCE LPX (CMK8GX4M2C3000C16)
SSD Samsung 860 Evo 250GB 2.5" SATA
Windows 11 Home 22H2 64-bit

I have the PC for my business and I cannot work!

Why AMD? Why you haven't found a solution to the problem yet?

I am in a big problem...

Does anyone have a temporary solution?

If I totally disable the fTPM from BIOS is it going to temporarily fix the problem?

0 Likes
humblepie
Journeyman III

I've have been dealing with this issue for the past year it seems like on multiple machines. Every AMD machine I have has had this issue to a degree. Some restart multiple times a day and some take a few days before it happens. None are overclocked. None are overheating. I've swapped every part out of every machine. I've upgraded every bios and downgraded and upgraded. I swapped out every driver for older and the newest drivers. I've tried SFC and DISM fixes too. The only thing that works is if I turn of TPM and go back to a fresh install of Windows 10 or don't install the 22h2 updates. It is so annoying how unstable windows 11 is with AMD hardware. This literally doesn't happen to my intel machines. For reference I have the following AMD cpus in running machines in my house.

5950x

5900x

5800x3d

3950x

I also have a 12900k intel machine that hasn't had a single issue. When that 22h2 patch for windows came out, it has screwed every single AMD machine I own as well as everyone I know of who owns one. Its been over a year at least and it still isn't fixed. I believe it to be a windows issue, but AMD needs to be on the ball to make sure their customers aren't being screwed over by windows here. This is unacceptable. I am writing this up because it literally happened again and the third time today in the past 6 hours.

Turning180
Journeyman III

I too have received this error hundreds of times and have spent countless hours troubleshooting, resetting Windows 11, upgrading drivers and BIOS, tweaking BIOS settings, etc. This is ridiculous and inacceptable! Please get this patched and fixed ASAP. I have been in the middle of very important tasks and time sensitive material and also video games and my PC crashes randomly. This is the first AMD CPU PC I have bought and will be the last. I have had my ROG GA35DX for almost a year now and have always ran Intel CPU's and decided to give AMD a try and have never been burned so bad. And what is worse? We can't even get any support for this issue. This is why Intel will always be one step ahead because they don't have these critical errors that never get fixed.

0 Likes
SRC1
Journeyman III

I have had this same issue since 22H2 update on Windows 11.

Ryzen 5900x

I have tried all solutions even updating the chipset driver which caused my PC to blue screen upon login, then required me to restore to a point before the Chipset update.

Why isn't there a representative from AMD giving us the exact steps to fix this?

0 Likes
gsb1247
Journeyman III

It's been almost a year, and this thing has not been resolved yet. I have installed Windows 11 4 times now in a day. Did memtest, drivers and all. Finally found this thread thinking there would be a solution, but no!
Can we not tag these guys somehow? 

0 Likes
h0812y
Journeyman III

that was a funny happened. i had 5950x msi x 570 godlike 6900xt and can power on on default model.!!!! And had same fcking problem  as your guys. That makes me keep reinstall windows.

0 Likes
barongrimswald
Journeyman III

you mean to tell me this minor issue of a typo in AMD's certificate address was flagged 8 months ago and I still gotta find my way down here and through this just because nobody ever bothered to fix it? 

Nicccccce.

0 Likes
Jackk
Adept I

It is very sad to see all the new 7 series 3D chip users are jumping up and down right now celebrating the improved FPS in gaming.... while we folks with older chips are still holding our breathes crying for attention.

Yes it is true that the cert issue has been lingering over 8 months / 1+ year.... while we are not 100% sure whether/not it will fix all the black/blank screen issues. It is still helpful to have the issue cleared so that anyone still have the blank / black screen issue can move on with the troubleshooting.

Is this an issue with AMD? Asus since i have an Asus mobo? or Microsoft?

Meanwhile, I am getting my 6800XT RMAed, after reinstalling windows many times, ran memtest + any stress testing tools, downclock my machine to within factory specs, even spent $380CAD to replace a good platinum power supply to rule out all the psu in the equation...  yet without getting anywhere with the issue persisting.

Will report back to tell whether/not a different 6800XT (if they are sending me a replacement card) will make the difference. I know how frustrating this issue is so - GOOD LUCK to all of us hang in there!

0 Likes

I am going to ask what is going to sound like a silly question but.... have you tried a different monitor and/or monitor cable?

I had a situation like you have described here a long time ago and it was because the video card was receiving an out of spec EDID from the monitor, trying a different monitor sorted it. It was a bit of a pig because the monitor at the time was a good one 1920x1200 Viewsonic 27".

No silly question at all when we are all trying to help each other in finding a solution. 

Good suggestion I had the thought the problem could be with the settings with the LG38WN95C. No second monitor to try so the only thing I tried was turning off all the fancy features on the monitor - 144Hz/autodimming/autobrightness etc.

I can confirm I have 2 problems to begin with: GPU is faulty  + the cert error we all have in the eventvwr.

I am on the lucky side since i discovered the cert error when I finally had time to play games to experience the in game crashing issue. Because my machine never crashed for 1.5 years after building it (yup got busy because of work and school no time to play games on a new machine at all) - only had the black screen issue while working in Windows 3 to 4 times - which I discovered waiting for a minute to two display will return.

Because of the in game crashing I started looking at eventvwr log.

2x cert update events would show up in eventvwr at about the next login time after every single crash... hence my focus was on the failed cert update events.

So the months troubleshooting nightmare began - reinstall windows / wipe gpu driver / reinstall gpu driver / flash bios / wipe all asus related software / reinstall windows / reseat ram / turn off monitor settings - but one test stopped the game crashing issue - tried a different video card.

That made me wonder - could the issue be with my 13 yo PSU, or, GPU is faulty right from the get go?

Not willing to go through the Gigabyte RMA process I chose to replace the 13 yo PSU to rule it out of the equation - which didn't solve the issue. Hence I RMA'ed the 6800xt gaming oc.

Good news - replacement card solved the in game crashing issue - observation tells me OLD card's GPU temp and JUNC temp had 25-30c delta temp. Replacement card only had 16 to 20c delta temp. 

Been playing games without crashing with the replacement card for a week.

Conclusion: the in game crashing was caused by a faulty GPU. The cert error still shows up in eventvwr upon cold boot. Will continue to monitor the situation. Will report back if the "black screen in Windows" issue returns = fingers crossed no news is good news.

Thank you to those who tried to help me along the way. Good luck all!

0 Likes
Expaw
Adept I

@Jackk  I had issues with 6800 XT and SCEP error. Please check this thread for more details.

TLDR: after switching to new CPU no SCEP errors and no crashes/freezes while gaming with same GPU.

I believe problem is with generating/validating fTPM keys. 

thank you for the tip mate. see my response to falloutboy above - replacement card solved my game crash issue. hopefully the black screen issue while working in Windows never happens again.... cheers!

0 Likes

Good luck it's not nice when things don't work properly and it starts getting messy.. I.E having to replace everything one piece at a time.

thank you I got lucky replacing the video card fixed the issue. I just checked the cert update error is still happening upon cold boot. With the replacement GPU, been a week I can play games like GTA V / BF V / WRX 10 without crashing 30 seconds into it... 

0 Likes

Out of interest what CPU did you switch to? I found recently there was a BIOS update for my Aorus X670E Extreme from f9a to f9b part of one of the issues being sorted was with the fTPM apparently - although because I put a discrete one in I have not noticed any difference but I could possibly take it out now.

0 Likes

I`ve switched to 5800x3d from 3700x 

All bios settings default except: XMP on, Rebar on, custom fan curves. I`ve scared to hell to change anything in bios to cause those scep errors back...

0 Likes
SRC1
Journeyman III

I resolved my crashing issue by connecting a different cord to my PC. Haven't crashed since.

0 Likes

Will there ever be a fix? Already replaced psu and gpu, the error is still there, happening like 5 times a week at random times causing blue screen. I'm tired of this, next I will change cpu and hope that will fix it, maybe the Ftpm keys are not correctly generated on older cpu's? Since I'm still on a 2600. I will keep you updated if a cpu upgrade helps.

Just joined to keep informed on the journey here - I've been encountering blue screens recently as well. During gaming or, less frequently, during normal computer use.

I'm interested in your results as I also have an older CPU.  It might just be time for a rebuild, but I'm not sure I can justify the expense right now.

My error that I believe reboots or bluescreens me has been the same SCEP Cert failed (GetCACaps: Not Found), but also Bluescreen Stop Codes "TIMER_OR_DPC_INVALID" and "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". Though the latter of those stop codes may have been fixed with a recent Nvidia driver update, but it's hard to tell this early on.  This SCEP Cert Failure is disheartening as I don't know a solution for it and my previous workarounds have failed in preventing it.

Sorry for the ramble, I hope some information in here has been helpful or reassuring to people with the same issues.  Looking forward to an update on the CPU upgrade!

My Specs:
GPU: 1080Ti Gigabyte AORUS
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
MB: ROG STRIX ASUS B450-F

0 Likes

I sorted this a while back, I don't know why the fault was occurring but I used a discrete TPM and the problem has not happened again.

Just be sure that if you are upgrading BIOS or you reset CMOS that you reselect the discrete TPM before you boot or windows will put you through the very painful re entering your ID merry go round.

0 Likes

Thank you for the tip - I just selected dTPM in my BIOS and I'll see how things go for me today.  I was actually reading that same solution yesterday from another source, so it's good to see it has worked for a few people.

Edited 12mins later: Just crashed while logging into a game, not an intense load... Updating for transparency.  It was another SCEP Cert Failure.  I'm only guessing that's what is crashing my system since that error appears every time in the event viewer.

0 Likes

Can you show us the error message in event viewer ?

for example mine looks like this:mmc_7gZrBMTDF6.png

it seems like all of us suffer from this error message because Microsoft removed some certificates from its attestation server ? for example i found my certificate here:

notepad++_q1M0jw41Ku.png

As you can see it shows removed i have checked out some other error messages in this thread and it seems like i found like we all face this issue because of Removed Certificates no idea who is in control of this server and who removes these Certificates :). But at least we now know the cause or atleast what we believe the cause is we may still be wrong

Where are you seeing that list of certificates?  The 2nd from the bottom of the Removed list looks like my certificate for my 5600x.  I wish I'd been able to find that list a couple/three years ago to yell at Microsoft/AMD about it.

0 Likes

I found them here.

you simply download the provided cab file and expand it like it shows below the download link then you open the TrustedTPM folder and then next to setup there's a txt file called versions.txt and then you open this and then you can see all these certificates which ones are added and which ones were removed. I have looked at your top post and can tell you that it seems like the certificate your PC was seeking was removed at some point:

notepad++_MU33PCOtRh.png

Now i am not a tech guy much less someone who knows certificates or anything like that but my best theory is this essentially you updated your windows 10 installation with 11 and then your PC needed a new certificate for whatever reason and it couldn't find it thus it was creating errors for you just like it creates issues for me.

I am currently in the process of replying to a MS support guy and making him aware of this list and these removed certificates and i will see what he says! We don't know for certain whose fault this is and we are all here beyond frustrated and there seems to be at least some finger pointing around (i have seen some people say its MS fault and some say AMD) what we can hope for that this is just a simple certificate issue and not a hardware issue and that eventually someone will help us all out what i can tell you that i checked out other people's error messages and i have found people who face these issues to have their certificate names listed under the "Removed the following Certs" thingy so maybe my theory is correct but we never know i also was looking into installing these certificate but this doesn't work. I wonder what would happen if we got our hands on these removed certificates that our OS is seeking would that remove the errors no way to know because these certs are no longer in the provided Folder.

Either way we continue trying to solve this issue we will not give up until we get some kind of answer i guess maybe just a acknowledgement that someone is looking into these issue all my friends have Ryzen CPUs and not one is facing this issue so idk i guess you just have to get lucky for this to happen lol.

Hey just saw the reply notification - I checked my eventviewer for any SCEP / GETCACAPS failures and I no longer have any to screenshot.  I just got my 5800X and installed it last night.  I don't have much for updates on if that solved anything so far, but I appear to have a stable system now and no SCEP failures... so far.

I will add, I think the reason my 1700X was crashing is because my DDR4-3200MHz RAM was set to a 2800MHz and apparently some first and second gen Ryzen CPUs have stability issues at that frequency.  I dialed it back to 2666MHz in the BIOS and didn't crash for a couple days leading up to the install of the new CPU.  Worth trying anyway if anyone's system is crashing with RAM higher than that frequency and you have a 1st or 2nd gen Ryzen.

0 Likes

I have fixed my issue no more spec errors for 2 and a half days now & no black screens or blue screens. I can't believe i am about to say this lol. But it was a Nvidia driver lol... like the driver that got installed for Nvidia had or has some kind of a bug or something i have no idea essentially i updated that and its fine now. i guess for my setup that was an issue... for others idk tbh

0 Likes
Ritta_Clark
Journeyman III

I've experienced similar SCEP Certificate enrollment issues in the past, and it can be frustrating. In some cases, the problem could be related to DNS resolution or network settings. Have you tried checking your network connectivity and DNS settings? Additionally, double-checking the server address configuration might help. If the issue persists, you might consider reaching out to Microsoft support for further assistance. Hopefully, you'll be able to resolve this annoyance soon!

0 Likes

I was told by MS support to update my Chip-set drivers i have also seen somewhere that you should download chip-set drivers and then put them on USB and reinstall windows fully and install chip-set drivers first thing (without connecting your PC to the internet) no idea if that works but i saw some forum where someone said this worked for them worth to try i guess.

0 Likes
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

Personally, I think this is solely Microsoft's problem.  With my Asus motherboard, I had constant SCEP errors.  With my Gigabyte motherboard on Windows 10 (same hardware, otherwise), the errors went away.  When I updated to Windows 11 Build 22H2, the errors came back.  When I reverted to pre-22H2 Windows 10, the errors went away.  When Windows 10 updated to Build 22H2, the problems came back.

This system has NEVER had NVidia drivers on it.  It has no networking or DNS issues.  There is no server.  And, regardless, if it did, they would be the same across those motherboards and OS versions.  Yet, the behavior changed when 1) the motherboard changed, and 2) the OS version changed.  Specifically, Build 22H2 (Windows 10 and 11) was the final, never-goes-away point.

I officially reported this to AMD via the Bug Reporting tool years ago.  Ditto to Microsoft at their oh-so-useful Feedback Hub.  I've reported it in their supposed official "support" forums.  All to no avail.  The official reports garnered crickets.  The forum reports got plenty of other users with the problem, but no actual response from the actual companies.

All software/drivers on the computer is constantly kept updated.  The problem has survived multiple clean installs of the OS on up.  This is not a user-specific problem.  Whatever the certificate is that the systems are looking for, it's simply not present at the URL AMD/Microsoft are expecting it to be at (GetCACaps: Not Found
{"Message":"The authority \"amd-keyid-907d65e9b562315997dd5ad086b2b7598957b92c.microsoftaik.azure.net\" does not exist."}
"HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found").  My thought for the last 3 years has been that the address was bad in Microsoft's servers.  But, Siding4915's earlier post about MS' database stating the certificate has actually been removed indicates it's not the address that's the problem.  The certificate no longer exists.  Only AMD and Microsoft can fix that. And, for three years, they've ignored it.

0 Likes

I think personally the SCEP certificate issues indicate something deeper than just a certificate that is not found i mean i have no idea why but i don't see any SCEP errors in event viewer now since i updated the Nvidia driver and no black screens like the PC works normally...

Which i still can't believe i mean now its like 3 days and its fine even no scep errors on startup... Its kind of confusing that the driver was causing these SCEP issues ?? 

I looked a bit further than most probably in this issue but if the certificate is not found its not supposed to crash your PC ( i believe). 

I just now ran the certreq -enrollaik -config "" in CMD and still the same 404 error so nothing changed server side. I have no idea why this issue is causing blue screens or black screens for some it seems to all indicate some kind of other issue either driver or hardware who knows maybe even a bug in 22h2. There are some blog posts about these issues:

This: https://call4cloud.nl/2021/11/the-pursuit-of-happy-uhh-tpm-provisioning/ And This: https://call4cloud.nl/2021/11/the-pursuit-of-happy-uhhh-tpm-intel-happyness-part-2/

and last one is for amd: https://call4cloud.nl/2021/11/the-pursuit-of-happy-uhhh-tpm-amd-happyness-part-3/

Soo, Yeah these blog posts deal with Windows Autopilot but we see the 404 error when it tries fetching the certificate. So no idea... They did fix some kind of Intel issues with 11th gen TPM attestation. I hope you find a fix for these issues and i hope SCEP issue doesn't come back to me... i am not expert in this tpm scep problem but i will definitely not update or reinstall windows for the foreseeable future i guess

I wish you Good luck ardankyaosen!

0 Likes

They have ignored so well. I'm researching for a while, but nothing comes in handy.

0 Likes
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

I've seen reports recently that on the Linux side, they're really unhappy with AMD's RNG built into their fTPM.  I guess it's supposed to be resulting in PC stuttering.  Years ago, though, there was a long thread here on the Windows side about the same thing.  I can no longer find that thread, but I believe these SCEP errors were rearing their heads there, too.  It looks like they've now disabled AMD's fTPM RNG in the Linux Kernel and just let the fTPM use the RNG in the CPU.  That's supposed to fix their problems.  I have no idea if there's anything like that involved here.

https://www.phoronix.com/news/Linux-Disables-RNG-AMD-fTPMs 

0 Likes

Yes i have this stutter too mentioned here sadly my Laptop manufacturer abandoned the laptop somewhat like last bios update was 2021/04/23 i was told to keep checking the update page by ASUS support but its safe to say they won't release a updated BIOS with the may 2022 fix 2 years after the last BIOS update i will definitely avoid ASUS as OEM in the future lol.

0 Likes