sidvladov
Journeyman III

RYZEN9 7950X high temperature, low performace

R9 7950x
4070TI
Lian Li 360 AIO
DDR5 6600
AORUS X670 Elite

Hello, since I've bought 7950x I didnt really think about its temperatures and performace, recently I've seen that even in BIOS I have 60C, idling in Windows 64-70C

Had to undervolt a lot and drop clocks to 4400MHz
RM during Cinebench: 

sidvladov_0-1721768945938.png

and Cinebench with default settings:

sidvladov_1-1721769015601.png

Cinebench R24 score 1790

0 Likes
4 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

sidvladov, my guess is something is wrong with your cooling system. I would suggest you power your pump and radiator fans from 12 Volts from the power supply. Make sure it is mounted properly. Do a Clear CMOS and stay out of BIOS. John.

EDIT: Your Cinebench score is not far off other 7950X scores. Stopping the temperature throttling should improve it.

0 Likes

my pump seems to be working fine, I just installed older version if BIOS and after that my temperatures dropped by 10C, I guess something is wrong with motherboard, but still 57C idling dissapoints 

0 Likes

sidvladov, the old version of BIOS may have changed the fan control logic. Please look at the list  of changes. My request eliminates all questions about the fan control of the MB. Please try 12 Volts on the pump and radiator fans. John.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

As a user of 7950X, I can say that you might have a cooling issue going on, might not be the cooler itself but in the meantime, have you checked pump speeds? Increase it to 100% and listen closely for a louder whirring sound change. Have you removed the plastic peel from the block?

Temperatures is a sum of several factors. I've been writing about this for some time. Case, ambient room temps, fan types, fan placement, everything.

If you have a front glass case, temperature will suffer a bit. Where do you have the radiator mounted?

Some times using older BIOS can be better, I use a really old version and zero issues. Its also good practise to avoid BIOS updates if your system is running flawlessly.

Don't underclock, either offset undervolt or curve optimize it.

Good luck 

The Englishman
0 Likes