cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

qrris
Adept I

Ryzen5 3600 stopped working?

Hello! One week ago after installing a new CPU Ryzen 5 3600 and after 3 days of use, it stopped booting into Windows for an unknown reason after playing. It crashed once, I started the PC again ran the game, and then the image froze after 5-10 seconds, but I could still people talk in Discord then I shut it down by holding the power button. It ran well and without any problem before that. I can still go into bios and I get 30-60*C there, but whenever I try to boot Windows it gets until the motherboard logo and restarts in a loop and then says Preparing Automatic Repair and restarting. I switched it from an AMD Athlon 3000g and I'm wondering if it's a problem with the CPU or the PSU. I should mention that it had one bent pin, which I easily repaired.

What I tried to fix:

-Replacing Thermal Paste

-Resiting CPU, GPU, RAM

-Trying to reinstall Windows.

-Clearing CMOS

When replacing the CPU with my Athlon3000g(Works perfectly), Windows boots in repair mode, after I reinstalled Windows with it and replaced it with the 3600, It acts the same, going in a loop

Here are two videos of what happened.

Trying to boot into Windows: https://quickshare.samsungcloud.com/pTVeblu6LhFl

Trying to reinstall Windows with 3600https://quickshare.samsungcloud.com/fiCCEabc6lhe

PC SPECS

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

CPU cooler: id-cooling se-213v2

Motherboard: gigabyte a320m-s2h (F42 BIOS Version)

Ram: 8gb ddr4 2666mhz single channel

SSD: 250GB

GPU: rx550 2gb (will change later)

PSU: 550w RPC 55000AB (PWPS-055000A-BU01A) (will change later)

Here is a more detailed description of my PSU

Power source 550 W

Number of fans 1x 120 mm

ATX power supply type

Modular Source No

PFC Passive Protections OVP, OPP, OCP

Dimensions 150 x 140 x 86 mm

Allows Standard Assembly Enable

Wire Management No
Connectors:
20+4 ATX Pin: 1
4 ATX Pin 12v: 1
SATA 2
MOLEX 2
Tensions
Rail +12V : 1

0 Likes
1 Solution
qrris
Adept I

Ok, I've got some results. 

The processor was faulty and I got my money back. Thank you everyone for your time spent!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

After repairing the bent pin on your Ryzen 3600 CPU there was no other physical visual damage right? like a broken pin or something similar?

If the processor likes fine and not damaged in any way I would open a AMD WARRANTY Ticket and see if they can replace it for you under Warranty from here: https://www.amd.com/en/registration/warranty-services-portal.html

Create a Consumer account and then open a Warranty ticket.

NOTE: If the CPU has broken or visible bent pins the AMD Warranty will automatically be voided.

When I took it out of the socket after it stopped booting it looked fine, with no broken/bent pin. Also, my Part Number doesn't show up(100-000000031) I think it doesn't work because i got it as Tray ;(

OEM/Tray processors are not covered by AMD Warranty but by the distributor or Vendor from where you purchased it.

As per CPU World concerning the part numbers:

CPU part numbers

• 100-000000031 is an OEM/tray microprocessor
  • 100-100000031BOX is a boxed microprocessor with fan and heatsink

If the processor you received didn't come in a Official AMD Retail Box but in some other type of packaging then it isn't covered by AMD Warranty.

The AMD Retail Box would show the correct Retail Part Number for your processor.

But if your Processor did come in a Official AMD Retail Box then it will be covered by AMD Warranty for 3 years.

Concerning OEM/TRAY processors, I believe, AMD Warranty is only towards the company or distributor that purchases the processors in mass amounts from AMD directly.

After that the Distributor or vendor is the one responsible for the warranty of a processor sold from them.

I talked with the Distributor and I will send it for inspection tomorrow. Thank you for your help!

Good luck!

Post back if the processor is defective.

qrris
Adept I

Ok, I've got some results. 

The processor was faulty and I got my money back. Thank you everyone for your time spent!