Journeyman III

Ryzen Master overclocking feature is disabled in BIOS Error

Hello,

My system specs
R5 7500F.
RTX 4070.
G.Skill 32 GB 5600MHz.
Gigabyte B650M S2H.

I'm trying to overclock this system from BIOS, adjusting PTT, TDC, EDC, adding +200MHz clock speed and adjusting Curve Optimizer settings for each core, but it seems like none of these settings from BIOS are effective. I also tried to do it with the Ryzen Master program, but I get an error like "overclocking feature is disabled in BIOS", the program opens, but it only shows the values and these values do not appear as I changed them in the BIOS, but the base values. In the Cinebench R23 test there are also very small changes, for example MC 14100 points, next test 14200 points. What could be the reason for this, can anyone help me? (My BIOS version is the latest version).

1704801196223.png

0 Likes
9 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

OnurKAH, what version of Ryzen Master (RM) do you have? Please download and install a fresh copy here. Your processor is unlocked for overclocking. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

First of all, thank you for your answer.

I was already using the current version, I deleted the installed one and installed it again via the link you sent, but the result did not change. I still get the same error warning.

0 Likes

OnurKAH, is this a laptop? If so contact the seller. If it is a desktop, contact the MB vendor. There must be a setting in BIOS to disable OC. You can also look in your BIOS to find and reset this setting. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Downloaded your Motherboard's BIOS Guide. There is a section you need to approve to be able to overclock the AMD Processor: https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_amd600series-bios_e_0104.pdf?v=cfbe037570083...

Screenshot 2024-01-11 113808.png

I believe once you agree to Overclocking the Sub-Menu opens up to Overclocking Settings for the Processor. Not sure which BIOS version this guide is though from Gigabyte Support download page. But it should be fairly close with mostly the same settings.

Hello to everybody, this is happening to me too, I thing there it was to be something wrong or compatibility with this Mobo and my ryzen 5 7600x I tried to change every parameter and activate the pbo options but nothing happens, ryzen master it’s still with the same error that said that the OC option on the bios it’s disable, idk what else to do, I’m sad, I’m about to change the Mobo 

i did it but its always being unsaved i accepted and ı closed bios but when ı enter the bios asking again accept or decline

@zed7k  & @Torks  I suggest you both open a SUPPORT TICKET with your Motherboard since it is a BIOS issue more then anything else by the looks of it.

@zed7k  your Ryzen seems to be unlocked for Overclocking according to TechPowerUP specs: https://www.techpowerup.com/cpu-specs/ryzen-5-7500f.c3259

@Torks  your Ryzen processor is also unlock for Overclocking: https://www.amd.com/en/products/processors/desktops/ryzen/amd-ryzen-5-7600x.html

So it seems it is mostly a BIOS issue but if you both want you can also open a AMD SUPPORT TICKET to see what they suggest from here: https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html

0 Likes

Hi 

im having the same problem 

I have a gigabyte b650m gaming wifi MB

And a Ryzen 5 7600f 

iv done a bios update to f22 the latest version but can’t seem to use ryzen master it comes up with the same message ( overlocking disabled in bios) iv tried everything YouTube videos forms everything but I can’t use ryzen master at all I don’t understand why there is nothing to change in bios to use a program like this. 
even Msi after burner works 

0 Likes
Mourish
Journeyman III

The error message "Ryzen Master overclocking feature is disabled in BIOS" typically indicates that the Ryzen Master software cannot access or control the CPU's overclocking features because they have been disabled or restricted in the BIOS settings.

Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue:

1. Check BIOS Settings: Restart your computer and enter the BIOS settings (usually by pressing a key like F2, Del, or F10 during the boot process). Look for any settings related to overclocking or CPU features and ensure they are enabled.

2. Update BIOS: Make sure your motherboard's BIOS is up to date. Manufacturers often release BIOS updates that can improve compatibility and functionality, including support for overclocking features.

3. Reset BIOS: If you're unsure about the settings, you can try resetting the BIOS to its default settings. There's usually an option within the BIOS settings to do this. Be aware that this will revert all settings to their factory defaults, so make sure to note any custom configurations you've made.

4. Check Ryzen Master Compatibility: Ensure that your CPU and motherboard are compatible with Ryzen Master. While most modern AMD Ryzen processors are supported, double-checking compatibility can rule out any potential issues.

5. Reinstall Ryzen Master: Try reinstalling the Ryzen Master software. Sometimes, a corrupted installation can cause issues with functionality.

6. Check Windows Settings: Ensure that your Windows power plan is set to "Performance" mode. Some power-saving features can interfere with overclocking utilities.

7. Contact Support: If you've tried the above steps and still encounter the error, consider reaching out to AMD support or your motherboard manufacturer's support for further assistance. They may be able to provide specific guidance or solutions tailored to your hardware setup.

Always exercise caution when overclocking your CPU, as it can potentially damage your hardware if done incorrectly. Make sure to follow proper procedures and understand the risks involved.

0 Likes