Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ronaldb
Adept I

Ryzen CPU and Outlook 201x s/mime encryption and digital signature not possible

Dear AMD Community,

with a brand new Windows 10 System with a Ryzen CPU it was not possible to use a digital signature with Outlook 2016/2019. The Problem is described in detail here: Signatur mit S/Mime-Zertifikat in Outlook 2016 schlägt fehl - Microsoft Community 

Microsoft found the issue in cooperation with the users which have the issue. Solution is to delete the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Cryptography\Providers\AMD Providerkey in the registry. 

Reason for that is the missing amdumcsp.dll which should be located in C:\Windows\system32.

Can someone from the AMD Stuff confirm this and provide the amdumcsp.dll for Windows 10? Just with this DLL S/MIME will work on Windows 10 with Ryzen CPU / AMD Chipset out of the box. 

Thank you very much

Kindly Regards

Ronald

14 Replies
ronaldb
Adept I

Re: Ryzen CPU and Outlook 201x s/mime encryption and digital signature not possible

Hi,

maybe it is possible that an AMD Software Engineer can have a look into this problem? That would be very nice. Sure, the problem is solved now with the workaround i described, but the reason for this issue is still present. On every fresh installed Windows 10 machine with a AMD Ryzen CPU and Office 2016/2019 with S/MIME configuration the error occurs.

So please take a look into this. I think this is a small thing for AMD to provide the missing DLL.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Ronald

0 Likes
misterj
Exemplar

Re: Ryzen CPU and Outlook 201x s/mime encryption and digital signature not possible

ronald, please open a support ticket here.  This is a user forum (almost no one works for AMD) and I think you need to talk to AMD directly.  Good luck and enjoy, John.

ronaldb
Adept I

Hello John misterj,

thanks for the information. My fault! But maybe another user have the same issue so they have now a topic here. 

I will open now a support ticket. Thanks for the link.

Bye

Ronald

0 Likes
misterj
Exemplar

Thanks, ronaldb, you are welcome.  Yours is the first inquiry on this subject I have seen.  Please let us hear what you learn.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
ronaldb
Adept I

Of course John, I keep you (and all the others) in touch. 

Best

Ronald

duffy6
Adept I

Hi all,

i also ran into this problem - but with the latest Outlook version 2021.

I deleted the AMD CSP registry entry and restarted my PC but still the same error message.

Does anyone have news for this issue?

greetz

duffy6

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Deleted answer since it isn't what Duffy6 was looking for.

0 Likes
duffy6
Adept I

Thanks for the replyI already used that tool, too!

but still running into the same error

elstaci
MVP

again deleted my reply since it isn't what duffy6 was looking for.

0 Likes