cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Chimerababel
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7700 idle processor frequency

Hello, maybe it's already here somewhere (I couldn't find it), I want to ask about your experience with detecting the processor frequency in Windows 11 (composition - Ryzen 7700, Gigabyte B650M D3HP/ B650, Kingston FURY Beast Black 8GB (1x 8GB) DDR5 5600MHz / CL40), in the Task Manager it basically shows me 4.5Ghz all the time, in CPU-Z it sometimes drops to 3.2Ghz, but the average is 3.8Ghz, the load is about 3%, Ryzen Master, on the other hand, claims that the idle frequency is 130Mhz, which also seems strange to me (very little). Does anyone have experience with similar behavior and detection?
PS: saving functions in Bios/UEFI enabledpříklad detekce frekvence v Idle.jpg

0 Likes
2 Solutions
FunkZ
Exemplar

Trust Ryzen Master for the most accurate per-core frequency. CPU-Z will report something between the base and boost frequency. It's anyone's guess what Windows Task Manager is reporting.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT

View solution in original post

johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Task Manager may not be the best place to check that.

I would trust RyzenMaster and HWiNFO more.

Beware that in HWiNFO there are current core clocks and effective core clocks.

https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/effective-clock-vs-instant-discrete-clock.5958/ 

The Englishman

View solution in original post

4 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

Trust Ryzen Master for the most accurate per-core frequency. CPU-Z will report something between the base and boost frequency. It's anyone's guess what Windows Task Manager is reporting.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Task Manager may not be the best place to check that.

I would trust RyzenMaster and HWiNFO more.

Beware that in HWiNFO there are current core clocks and effective core clocks.

https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/effective-clock-vs-instant-discrete-clock.5958/ 

The Englishman
misterj
Big Boss

Chimerababel, use the Advanced View of Ryzen Master (RM) to see all cores. John.

Chimerababel
Journeyman III

Thanks for the replies, I will trust Ryzen master, Advenced m. everything is shown in detail and everything seems to be fine...

0 Likes