Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ymeletis
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 7800x3d intermittent FPS drops in Game

Good evening,

It is my first time on AMD processors, however i did quite a bit of research. I have the CPU 3 months now, and while everything is ok when doing normal tasks, every time i run games i get intermittent FPS drops. I humbly consider my build to be pretty adequate for the titles i am playing (e.g. Fortnite, League of Legends, Hogwarts Legacy). I have done extensive research on the net and cannot come up with a solution, therefore i decided to share it with you and see where that takes us. 

But first things first. Below is my hardware:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D

MB: ASUS PRIME X670-P

RAM: Corsair Desktop RAM DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 32GB Kit 5200MHz

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090 OC 24 GB

Water Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer ii 360

PSU: Corsair RM1000x

Storage 1: Patriot M.2 P300 1024GB (Windows)

Storage 2: AGI1T0G16AI198 (Games)

Storage 3: Platinet SSD 240GB (Files)

Storage 4: HDD ST3500418AS (Files)

Storage 5: HDD WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 (Files)

Below you will find the summary from HWinfo.

HWinfo SummaryHWinfo Summary

Ryzen Master Advanced view below:

Ryzen Master 1.PNGRyzen Master 2.PNG

Just to let you know, i have tried various settings in bios. Also enabled PBO with Auto mode via Ryzen Master. Temperatures seem ok. Around 75 tops while gaming. Additionally, i downloaded latency mon but it didn't take me anywhere. All drivers updated including BIOS.

I would be so grateful if you could come up with any ideas, because i am really disappointed with this, and i am not yet sure, if i took the right decision to migrate to AMD after so many years having exclusively Intel processors.

PS: Graph while playing fornite

tempsnip.png

0 Likes
3 Replies
ymeletis
Journeyman III

No, unfortunately i still have an issue...................

0 Likes

Any updates? I have same issue) I think it was bad cpu (7600x) , now i update to 7900x3d, and nothing changed =0 . Gpu 7900xtx

0 Likes
IGUANAMIKE
Journeyman III

Same issue I think. My performance in general is quite good. But after a while I get these crazy FPS drops. For example, I'm playing either GTA 5 or League of Legends. I go from normal FPS, all the way to 5-14 FPS for a few minutes or seconds. My CPU usage in GTA 5 goes from around 30% all the way to 8%. Other than this I also have random frame drops.

I tried the following:

- BIOS Updates
- PBO, different settings
- Firmware reinstalls
- Uninstall and reinstall games

But nothing works.
My specs are:
- AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
- Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 OC
- Corsair Vengeance RGB CMH32GX5M2B5600Z36K
- ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F GAMING WIFI

I know the RAM is not in the supported list. So I'm honestly thinking that might be it. But I want to check with others before buying new RAM.

0 Likes