cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

BlackCastle
Adept I

How to Solve Kernel Power Failure / Event ID 41 permanently?

I bought my PC in January 2020 and till November 2023, there has been a case of 'Kernel Power Failure', aka 'Event ID 41', a total of 4-5 times. However, in December 2023 alone, there have been multiple occurrences in a single day. I have exhausted all the options I could find after searching with the Even ID. I checked all cables and connections. I checked all drivers. I checked Windows updates and even installed preview cumulative updates, hoping that maybe that would fix it.

I even changed my Power Supply, and bought a new Corsair HX850 80+ Platinum. I tried the Checkdisk command, DISM commands, and SFC commands- these resulted in no error. But nothing was working, so out of frustration, I installed Windows again. This seemed to fix it for about a week or two, and then it started again. It occurred in the last month and the latest is today. What else can I do? During the time it occurs, the whole PC just freezes and stays like that until I force shut down it (in my previous chassis, there was no restart button) or press the restart button and force restart it. If this keeps up, my components are at the risk of getting damaged, specially the hard drives.

Note: My BIOS is up to date with version 5003; The RAM speed is set to 3200 MHz from the BIOS, I didn't change anything else except the CPU cooler fan curve. The D.O.C.P in the BIOS is untouched as well. No TPM is enabled either.
My specs___

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X (Installed on October 9, 2023)

• Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING x570-PLUS WiFi

• RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 16 GB 3200 MHz x 2

• GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1660Ti Non-AMP

• Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T

• Storage: Seagate Barracuda 4 TB 5400 RPM x 1; Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 7200 RPM x 1

• SSD: GIGABYTE M.2 PCIe SSD 256GB

• PSU: Corsair HX 850W 80 Plus Platinum

• Display(s): LG 24” 24MK600M-B

• Cooling: DeepCool AK620

• Keyboard: A4 Tech

• Mouse: A4 Tech

• Sound: Microlab TMN1 4:1

• Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit 22H2 (OS Build 19045.3930)

I am also linking two posts from two different forums. One from Linus Tech Tips and the other from Microsoft. Please take a look at these. Also, Someone from Microsoft forum suggested disabling Global C-State. It is currently set to "Auto". What do you think I should do?

0 Likes
1 Reply
jervin
Journeyman III

I have ryzen 5 5600X, I also have this issue but my system restarts. When I turned off EVERY automatic overclock & boost frequencies in the bios it is working fine. I see in the task managger that now my cpu never exceeding it's base clock (3.7 ghz), it's not the best solution, but at least it' never restarts randomly. I also have an asus motherboard (different model), I wrote an email to asus for help.

0 Likes