cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

LehaShepard
Adept I

Ryzen 7 5800x Expected Voltage Range

Good afternoon Please tell me, is it normal that for example in the same game baldur gates the processor voltage is 1.444-1.465 v? is this normal? temperatures are 60-65 degrees. MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS motherboard.

1 Solution

Like I said,if its just a peak value as the imagem above shows,then its alright.

Launch HWiNFO and monitor voltages,then check averages.

Lastly, if you are worried, undervolt it.

The Englishman

View solution in original post

18 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi there,
Long Story Short, yes, you are doing really fine with those temperatures.

If you feel uncomfortable with the core voltages you can offset undervolt and/or curve optimize it. This way you will bring temps down and increase performance in the process. And with those low temps you have headroom to spare to get performance up.

Good Luck

The Englishman

thanks man)

But isn’t 1.465 volts a high voltage?) Isn’t this harmful for the processor? Although, on the other hand, the motherboard itself sets this voltage...

0 Likes

If its just a very occasional peak, no.
If you are averaging above 1,4v then it could be harmful on the long run.

When enough headroom is/was made available on my 2700X and 7950X, sometimes I would find a MAX PEAK at 1.42v even while undervolted but the averages would be at 1,1v with lows of 0,6v

When running stock, the 2700X would get 1,48v sometimes, that's why I undervolted it and pushed the PBO to the maximum I could to squeeze out performance with low temps.

The same for 7950X. I run Curve Optimizer + Offset undervolt.

The Englishman
0 Likes

The fact of the matter is that in my games the voltage is automatically set to 1.4 +. I don't think it should be like this...

0 Likes

Perfectly fine...  it's been the way Ryzen works for ages...  even my 3700X has voltages peaks of 1.46V just by moving the mouse around.  It's how the CPU can jump to it's boost clocks.

QB

Screenshot_1.jpg

So, does that mean I shouldn't worry? the frequency is 4600-4700 GHz. the temperature fluctuates 60 -65 degrees, rarely 70. And I haven’t changed any settings, everything is in default state. I'm just wondering why it automatically picks up such voltage.

0 Likes

Like I said,if its just a peak value as the imagem above shows,then its alright.

Launch HWiNFO and monitor voltages,then check averages.

Lastly, if you are worried, undervolt it.

The Englishman

image-2.png

 There is such constant tension in the game

0 Likes

LehaShepard_0-1695143354489.png

LehaShepard_1-1695143469756.png

is it worth reducing the voltage? or everything is fine?

0 Likes

Your vcore average is around 1,26v everything looks fine.

No need to worry 

The Englishman

Please beware that:

VCore is the actual voltage your CPU is using, VID is the voltage your CPU is asking for.

Always check vcore values.

The Englishman
Angeluk
Challenger

You can get pretty much the same temps at 1.1 volts, try undervolting.

LehaShepard
Adept I

LehaShepard_0-1695147477397.png

everything I've done through curve optimization on all cores, now I'm more than satisfied. Thank you all!

0 Likes
wiliams15
Journeyman III

Does anyone know an answer to why Amd's Ryzen 7 5800X jumps to 135 watts for the Dead Space remake when only its maximum power consumption is 105 watts. Even when installing the Amd chipset driver, it no longer reaches 135 watts, but even so, sometimes it is 115 watts.

mine also reaches 145w and sometimes 90 degrees, this is not standard, I have an asus tuf b550m plus

0 Likes

Hi, TDP is not power comsuption.

My old 2700X 105W TDP would peak at 160-170 watts. And the 7950X is pulling 230-240 Watts.

The Englishman
0 Likes