Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 2700 (Stock) keep lagging can't do simple task

hi,

super noob here. i just got

ryzen 7 2700 3.2 - (boost 4.1) all stock don't know how to boost it, don't want to.

asrock b450 steel legend (Motherboard)

trident z ddr4 3200 16 gb 2x8gb (Ram) in slot A1 and B1

GTX 1070TI

PSU 850w 80 gold plus

3TB HHD

DVD rom drive

completely new build, need help, just want it to work. sometimes it freezes and take 5 to 10 mins.

my 5nd AMD build, 1st Ryzen build, all other builds were with phemon and lower.

its not the 2700x or e,a,u, just 2700

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
23 Replies
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: Ryzen 7 2700 (Stock) keep lagging can't do simple task

virgilluchiha, I do not think those are correct slots for your memory.  Please check your manual.  Please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) - simply drag-n-drop image into your reply.  Please do a Clear CMOS according to your manual.  That looks like Intel memory to me not AMD.  Is it on your Qualified Vendor List for memory?  What speed are you running it?  Please get your machine very stable, completely stock, before you start OCing.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I'm not trying to OC it at all. I just want it to work properly. I just got the amd ddr4 3200 ram slot a2 and b2, it read in the bios that it's 3200 too, which is good, the other ram was Intel. So it's been swapped out. Just did a fresh install of windows thats what took so long. It laggy a little bit, it freezes from time to time. And some apps take 10mins to open. About to install the ryzen master now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

here is what i see with the ryzen master. pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Thanks, virgilluchiha for the screenshot.  It really has me thinking.  You do have the memory in the correct slots now.  I need to know exactly what memory you have - F4-3200C16D-16GTZRX?  Are you running an XMP profile?  Usually memory speed defaults to SPD speed, 2133 to 2400MHz, not 3200 Mhz.  Please follow the instructions in your manual and do a Clear CMOS.  I am very puzzled by the RED EDC on RM.  Is your W10 (version?) a fresh DL from MS Media Creation Center?  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Cleared cmos, F4-3200C16D-16GTZRX, It's now showing in the bios, DDR4-2133.. IM USING WINDOWS 10, PRO 64BIT, 1809. And going to run ryzen master again. And see what happens. And idk if I'm running an xmp profile.?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have the xmp setting set to Auto..

It says I can load profile "XMP 2.0 Profile 1: DDR4-3209 16-18-18-32 1.35V" but I just have it on auto.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Thanks, virgilluchiha.  The Clear CMOS killed the XMP and reduced the memory speed to 2133 MHz.  Please post another screenshot of RM.  The XMP default is Auto and results in SPD speed, in your case 2133 MHz.   Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

its been in between 94-100, and anytime I run GeForce experience it, freezes. so I haven't ran the program yet. as i'm typing and its going to 99-100. and it just froze while I was typing for 2 mins..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

0 Kudos