cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

joshhud
Adept I

Ryzen 7 1700 Wraith Spire RGB only red

My LED ring will only show red, I can get it to pulse and whatnot with my Asus Aura, but the color wont change. I went to configure in Aura and it goes black when any color but red is tested. Any reason why?

19 Replies
joshhud
Adept I

AMD's support blows if this is how I get help on issues.

0 Likes

OFFICIAL TERMS OF USE

This is a user to user English language only Support Forum. Information or opinions contained in any posts are those solely of the user making the post and are in no way validated by, or the opinions of, AMD, including our moderators. Use of any information on this board is done so AT YOUR OWN RISK and all information is provided "AS IS" and without any warranty, express or implied. While we may at time respond to posts, AMD makes no warranties or claims regarding the validity of any information posted by users on this board.

0 Likes

What's the point of this post?

0 Likes

Didn't read it it huh?

"AMD's support blows if this is how I get help on issues."   This is a "user-user "support forum.

0 Likes

Right.. but there is no real customer service option

0 Likes

I understand,you just have to wait for a reply from either a Mod or a user to help you.sometimes it just takes time.

0 Likes

Yeah I'm going to say on an item that expensive it's not acceptable...

A $60 mobo

has better customer service.

0 Likes

what Mobo are you using?

0 Likes

Using the Asus rog strix B350 f gaming. Not a $60 mono.. just saying other

companies have much better customer service.

0 Likes

So you do have the cooler plugged into the "rgb "header on the motherboard?

0 Likes

Yup.. when the comp starts up it flashes blue for half a second then stays

red. Asus Aura won't detect it and blitz just open Aura.

0 Likes

see if this helps,it needs to plug onto the mobo only one way:

Wraith Spire RGB Installation - YouTube

0 Likes

check page 1-10 in your Mobo manual,make sure the "arrow " on the connector is orientated correctly and plugged into the 12v pin.

0 Likes

Yeah did that.. all is right.

0 Likes

I actually diagnosed the terminal with Aura and red works but when it

checks blue or green the ring shuts off. I think there is an issue on the

RGB terminal on the fan.

0 Likes

wish I could help more,hopefully someone else will chime in and know what to try next.

0 Likes

Thanks!

0 Likes
coolghoul
Journeyman III

Hey Joshhud--I'm having the same exact problem! I've also got an Asus STRIX motherboard, too. I've tried plugging my cooler into both RGB ports--no luck. I've also checked builds using the B-350 STRIX Motherboard and the wraith spire led cooler on pcpartpicker and seen that some of them are able to change the color of the cooler to colors apart from red. Maybe we have defective RGB wires? Any advice users on here are able to provide would be appreciated!

I'd just like to be able to configure my case lighting to something other than Mountain Dew Code Red

For context, here are my build specs:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor 

Motherboard: Asus - STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard 

Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  

Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  

Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  

Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB Video Card 

Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  

Case Fan: Corsair - Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan 

0 Likes
coolghoul
Journeyman III

Hey joshhud--here's a tweak that seems to have fixed my problem: Go into your BIOS settings, and change the fans to be in PWM mode instead of DC mode. Be sure to save the settings before resetting by hitting F10. Hopefully that helps! Now I just have to figure out how to change my GPU lighting haha...

0 Likes