cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Jazzinplayer
Adept II

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System constantly crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger ID 18 and critical error Kernel-P

Jump to solution

@Ownz wrote:

Well, i tried it bone stock settings, and it still crashed without xmp and pbo.

But now running it without xmp, pbo, cpb its like buying a 5900x but getting a 3900 in fact.

I just uploaded a thread with my explanation and partial solution. Give it a try and you might be able to run.... like a 3900 in fact

https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/system-instable-5600x-crashes-on-games-with-auto-settings-cb...

0 Likes
CrispyCrunch
Adept II

Re: Ryzen 5900x: System constantly crashing/restarting WHEA-Logger ID 18 and critical error Kernel-P

Jump to solution

Disabling CBP and PBO seems to have helped for now. Will try setting RAM back to default and activating XMP.

0 Likes
Jazzinplayer
Adept II

Jump to solution

I've spent many many hours now and nothing really works (besides base clock), I can stabilize the system even with 4.5 ghz all core and xmp. But will crash in heavy games and Bios reset. Only thing now is changing to another DDR4 but at this point I don't think will work. 

A friend of mine just got his and is running without any issues on a b550 Aorus board (I have a x570 aorus). The store that sold the product does not have "Amazon-like" return policy so I might to issue a RMA and that is going to be a huge pain. If it was amazon I would've return it and buy a new one already. 

I could try to replace the motherboard but don't think that's the issue. Pretty sad right now. I was performing well on my i7 9700k and with all this hassle I regret this "upgrade" so much

0 Likes
mrsense
Adept II

Jump to solution

Noticed you have the latest bios,7C35vA82, with SAM enabled.

Give 7C35vA7 a try.  Since you don't have an RX6800, you don't need SAM.

0 Likes
CrispyCrunch
Adept II

Jump to solution

I initially had the BIOS 7C35vA7 installed and upped it to the 82 beta after the first few crashes.

0 Likes
CrispyCrunch
Adept II

Jump to solution

@Jazzinplayer wrote:

Im having a similar issue, x570 aorus and 5600x. Have same errors on windows. 

Disable CBP and PBO and run it at default settings (3.7 ghz and xmp on). That works for me. 

Yes, this seems to be working! Didn't have a crash in 24 hours

0 Likes
Jazzinplayer
Adept II

Jump to solution

well, that's pretty good but I'm very upset with this. Like I'm running very under the desired performance and yes can wait for bios updates but what if its another issue? like chip is genuinely bad. A friend of mine just got a b550 aorus and 5600x and he is running like butter no problem whatsoever. 

Spent many hours looking for a better core ratio, got 4.1 ghz and xmp pretty stable, at least was ok. 2 hours gaming and got a crash again on Rogue Company which is pretty low requirements.  Tried with different RAM and problem was the same. If I turn CBP on and disable xmp I still crash, on games. I can pass cinebench, 5 min of prime 95, ryzen master stress test. NO Crash. But games is a no no. 

I ordered a Mobo replacement from amazon, gonna build the whole system AGAIN(would be the fourth time). if problem is exactly the same, then chip is faulty and will have to RMA which will take like 3 to 6 weeks to get a new one back, if I even get a replacement from them or vendor...

Or just go back to my intel build and get this **bleep** thing out of my sight forever

0 Likes
mrsense
Adept II

Jump to solution

Have you initiated the warranty claim?

0 Likes
mickyfin
Adept I

Jump to solution

Can only pass on some experience I had in that once had a similar issue and it was the graphics card not seated perfectly so when I went an played certain games I would get blue screened. A gentle push resolved this. 

The only other thing I would suggest is your power supply is this supplying enough under load so do you have all the power connectors plugged into the Motherboard. Worth checking they are all seated correct as well. Hope things work out for you doing a rebuild is a pain.

0 Likes
CrispyCrunch
Adept II

Jump to solution

@mickyfin wrote:

Can only pass on some experience I had in that once had a similar issue and it was the graphics card not seated perfectly so when I went an played certain games I would get blue screened. A gentle push resolved this. 

The only other thing I would suggest is your power supply is this supplying enough under load so do you have all the power connectors plugged into the Motherboard. Worth checking they are all seated correct as well. Hope things work out for you doing a rebuild is a pain.

In my error searching process I've removed and re-inserted the graphics card several time, don't think this is the issue.

The system is running stable under load, so I don't think it's a power supply issue. Crashes mostly happend in idle or during internet surfing.

Will start a ticket at mainboard manufacturer and AMD directly anyways. Not having the boost options is no permanent solution.

0 Likes