User: LOCAL SERVICE
Computer: Trapezohedron
Description:
A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 11

Which causes my machine to hard restart with the Kernal Power 41 event.

The issue seems to mainly occur when the cpu is under strain, only way I've managed to repeat the issue is by launching games. I've tried Ryzen Master's stress test, that doesn't seem to cause the issue. I've also used a few stress test resources online for both gpu and cpu, they don't seem to cause the issue.

I've updated to my motherboard's (B550M PRO-VDH WIDI (MS-7C95)) latest chipset. I've also tried disabling PBO in the bios as this was a suggestion I'd seen online a few times. No luck, games will still immediately crash out my system.

I bought my PC from AWD-IT in 2021, and I had this exact same issue almost immediately then. They ended up replacing my Ryzen 5, but I'll be out of warranty with them, and their customer service was like pulling teeth.

I have a txt file copy of all my event viewer logs from today, but I don't think I can attach them in this forum, the only other event I'm seeing that may be causing any issues is;

Log Name: System
Source: Service Control Manager
Date: 23/05/2024 18:11:18
Event ID: 7000
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Trapezohedron
Description:
The AMDRyzenMasterDriverV22 service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I don't really want to have to buy a new Ryzen, especially if I'm just going to have the same issue again in 2 years time or something. 2 CPU's having the same issue in a row is sort of killing me. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Cernunnos
Journeyman III

So, I tentatively say, with my fingers crossed, that I may have fixed this by simply using Ccleaner to clean up my registry.

Event ID: 7000 turned out to be Ryzen Master causing some internal loop where it was looking for a service in the registry that didn't exist, which I think was causing my processor to freeze up with the Whea Logger error.

I've had a days worth of use out of it since fixing my registry, using revo uninstall to completely purge ryzen master from my system and flushing my ipconfig settings, because they somehow got messed up too.

Fingers crossed this has fixed the problem, for anyone else struggling with the same thing good luck to you.

0 Likes