cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

alexkillo97
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 7600x overheating

Hi, I just finished assembling my new pc but I have a problem with the temperature of my cpu, I turn on the computer and in the bios reaches 85º, the cooling is a corsair h100i but I have also tried with a heatsink with fan and I get the same temperature.

My motherboard is an asus rog strix b650-A, to which I have installed the latest bios update just in case, but the cpu is still at 85º just turn on.

I have not yet changed any voltage value but I do not know if it would be possible to do a downcloking to check the temperature,
what can I configure in the bios to fix it?
can it be that the cpu has a factory problem?

0 Likes
4 Replies

When you enter Windows what type of temperatures are you showing while at idle and under loads?

If it shows fairly normal temperatures than it might be a bad or buggy BIOS.

So, it could  either be a bad BIOS, Motherboard Thermal Sensor, or CPU Thermal Sensor.

Either way I would open a Asus Support ticket and ask them if it could be a BIOS or Mobo issue.

0 Likes

hi, thanks for reply.

When I open windows using the core temp program I get cpu temperatures of 95ºC so it is similar to what I get in the bios.

0 Likes

Are you sure you have the CPU Cooler(s) installed correctly and it is operating correctly?

So does the temperature fluctuate at all or does it stay fixed on one temperature?

My logic is if the temperature is fluctuating then it probably a CPU Cooler issue if the temperature stays fixed at one temperature and doesn't move no matter what load is on the CPU then it is a hardware issue such as a bad sensor on the Motherboard or CPU.

Look at Windows Task Manager under Performance. What does it show for the CPU?

EDIT: to eliminate poor air circulation inside your PC case remove the side panel and see if the CPU Temperature slightly decreases or not.

If it doesn't install back the PC side panel again.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

alexkillo97, please stay out of BIOS at least until we determine what is going on. Please post screenshots of Ryzen Master (RM) both Basic and Advanced views running Cinebench R23. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes