cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

asp1re
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 5600G - No post after GPU driver install

Hello. I am having issues with installing the Ryzen 5 5600G integrated GPU driver. The system posted when I finished the build. RAM, CPU, SSD recognized with no issues. Windows 10 installed without any issues. All of the Windows updates installed without any issues except the GPU. The Windows 10 Updater installs it automatically on Windows installation - the driver gets installed, the screen flickers and the driver works at first install. The resolution its greater but when I restart the PC after it will not post anymore. I hear 3 buzzes - one long and two short and also the VGA debug LED light turns on. Things that I've tried: I changed the RAM with another (all the RAM working - I tested them on a different PC), unplugged the SSD M.2 stick. The system starts, all of the fans turn on, HDD led lights etc. except the screen remains black and it says no video. I also installed the GPU driver from Windows Update, MSI Motherboard driver support page, AMD driver support page. It has the same results.

I managed to get some errors from the device manager (before the restart) - I was just looking through the list and noticed it in the events the following:

Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_1638&SUBSYS_16361002&REV_C9\4&eb91fff&0&0041 had a problem starting.
Driver Name: oem6.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: amdwddmg
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x15
Problem Status: 0x0

I can't find anything on google how to fix this. Could you please help me to understand what could cause this issue and if there is a way to fix it? For ex. maybe a BIOS setting might be wrong. (I didn't changed anything in the BIOS - all of the settings are default).

I can no longer get into BIOS or anything. When I turn the power on all I hear is the 3 beeps sounds that I described above and the VGA debug LED light turning on for a 5-10 seconds. The PC doesn't turn off. The CPU, GPU temps are normal (30-35C). Have you guys seen this issue before? Could it be from the motherboard or the CPU - or is there a way for me to get more information about the issue for ex. some tests that I can do? Thank you for helping in advance.

The BIOS was updated to the latest version by the MSI team that sold the Motherboard to me (V1.8)

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics

Motherboard: MSI A520M-A PRO

Storage: SSD Kingston A2000, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB), DIMM, DDR4, 2400MHz, CL14, 1.2V, XMP 2.0

I also tested it with another RAM: HyperX Fury, 8GB (2x4GB), DDR4, 2400MHz, CL15, 1.2V 

UPDATE:

The only way I can post and boot Windows again is to reset BIOS and even after that if I restart the PC again it goes back to no video and no post.

If I install Windows again and block the GPU installation the PC works without any issues.

If I install the GPU driver the PC works without any issue till the next shutdown or restart(The GPU driver is installed successfully and its working properly - Device Manager shows no problems on the device except in the Events page the message that I pasted above in this post).

All of the build components are new (purchased them yesterday: MOBO, CPU, RAM, SSD).

0 Likes
0 Replies