Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Deff1973
Adept I

Ryzen 5 5600G

Built PC with following specs on Christmas Day for my son,

Ryzen 5 5600G, Crucial Ballistix 16GB(2x8), MSI B550M Pro-VDH Wifi. 

Installed Windows 10 followed by board drivers downloaded from MSI(Chipset, VGA etc) and upgraded to Windows 11.

All has been working fine until today(30 Dec).  My son called me to say there was a message on screen relating to video drivers.

Checked Device Manager which showed device not working, simple fix, uninstall device and let it reinstall itself, until I hit refresh and display goes blank and monitor goes to sleep cause of no signal.  Going into safe mode and removing video driver to Microsoft basic driver and PC boots to desktop but try and install AMD driver and monitor goes to sleep due to no signal.

I've tried various versions of AMD Adrenaline driver(including WHQL and-WHQL) from both AMD and MSI's websites.  And I've done fresh installs of Windows 11 and Windows 10.

If anyone has some suggestions it would be appreciated.

0 Likes
6 Replies

MSI has a BETA BIOS Version for Windows 11. Even though I personally don't recommend installing BETA BIOS versions due that it might be buggy: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B550M-PRO-VDH-WIFI/support#support-main-block-download

Screenshot 2021-12-27 195404.png

But in your case it might help make your Processor more compatible with Windows 11 and its Integrated Graphics.

I also suggest you update your Motherboard's CHIPSET Drivers.

0 Likes

Thanks for replying,

I updated the bios to the Win 11 beta and today, while trying to sort the sudden blank screen problem, I reset Windows settings keeping files and Removing everything to no avail and did numerous reinstalls of Windows 10 and 11 deleting partitions to ensure a clean install.  Every time, when installing video drivers, it reverts back to no video signal and the monitor going into sleep mode.

Just hoping somebody can point out a glaring mistake I'm making before I resort to RMA'ing the CPU.

Cheers! 

To save time I suggest you open a AMD Warranty and MSI Warranty tickets.

See if either AMD or MSI or both suggest RMAing their hardware to be checked or replaced.

That way you won't be out of a computer twice as long if you have to RMA each hardware separately at different times.

Personally it does sound like a Processor Graphics issue but it could also be a Motherboard issue concerning its graphics output.

AMD and MSI might have you do some tests to determine if you need to RMA their hardware before issuing a RMA Ticket.

Good Luck!

NOTE: Have you tried a different MSI Video Output port on the motherboard or tried a different Monitor after installing the AMD Driver?

Also if you can install the ryzen in another compatible computer just to see if the same thing occurs. If it does then you know it is the processor if it doesn't then you know it is the motherboard.

0 Likes

Thanks elstaci, the footnote from your reply was the slap that I needed!

It seems that when Adrenaline is installed the PC defaults to an unused /not connected VGA port.  Booting with VGA connected and its straight to desktop.

Making Display 2(HDMI) as main display has solved the issue!

My son is experiencing Christmas all over again.

LoL, You son must be on Santa's Nice List and got his computer running for Christmas.

Take care.

EDIT: I would still open a MSI Support ticket and asked them if that is normal for your Video Ports to behave. I would think all Motherboard Video Ports should have video output on them regardless of the Graphics driver installed.

0 Likes

Hello. I just bought this similar build for my son as well and I am having the same issue. Could you please expand on how did you made the HDMI port your main display? I have the exact same symptoms as you.